• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Bulls Club Points

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Those were the days when ppl signed up for SBC to support ALL athletics....not just to get points....

Well being as I just found out about SBC as soon as the Athletic Department finally decided to take some initiative and promote it with these new points... I would say these are the days.

Whenever we promoted SBC (during 03-07 when I was part of it), we mentioned those loyalty points every single time.  Not a big reason to sign up for then because we weren't in this situation (people just signed up because it was fun, and we had awesome roadies).  But now look at how the program has grown and people notice that those loyalty points will come in handy once they graduate, so now they're paying attention to SBC.

I am VERY thankful for SBC.  I have a good number of priority points because of it.  It just angers me some because now people will want to join it to get the points, not because it's something that supports the university, not because they become donors, not because of the fun trips and times the group has, but because they want points.  Points can also be earned by going to....other athletic events.  But a lot of students will see this as an easy 50 points.

Ok ok, I'm done...sorry.  Like I said, it angers me because back then people joined it to support USF, not other reasons.

You brought a tear to my eye Margret.

Although we have had a lot of people sign up just because of the points, there does seem to be a lot more interest in SBC in general, not just the points. Even our IM interest has gone up compared to last year.

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Those were the days when ppl signed up for SBC to support ALL athletics....not just to get points....

Well being as I just found out about SBC as soon as the Athletic Department finally decided to take some initiative and promote it with these new points... I would say these are the days.

Whenever we promoted SBC (during 03-07 when I was part of it), we mentioned those loyalty points every single time.  Not a big reason to sign up for then because we weren't in this situation (people just signed up because it was fun, and we had awesome roadies).  But now look at how the program has grown and people notice that those loyalty points will come in handy once they graduate, so now they're paying attention to SBC.

I am VERY thankful for SBC.  I have a good number of priority points because of it.  It just angers me some because now people will want to join it to get the points, not because it's something that supports the university, not because they become donors, not because of the fun trips and times the group has, but because they want points.  Points can also be earned by going to....other athletic events.  But a lot of students will see this as an easy 50 points.

Ok ok, I'm done...sorry.  Like I said, it angers me because back then people joined it to support USF, not other reasons.

I feel ya Marg!  I joined SBC (formerly Student Athletic Association) back in 2003 because of the great trips and events that were going on.  Points weren't really even a factor back then.  I don't think points really came into the minds of someone joining until this year.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Marg- are you on the free flight to FIU?

Those who went to Auburn last year had a great time.

We're off to NC State in a few weeks. Deadline to sign up is September 10th.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Marg- are you on the free flight to FIU?

Those who went to Auburn last year had a great time.

We're off to NC State in a few weeks. Deadline to sign up is September 10th.

Good thing people understand where I'm coming from.

And yes, free flight for me....I think I was the one that told you about it, homie!  I will see you at FIU AND NCSt.

TheUpperHand....do I know you....?

• Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry I'm not an awesome Yankees fan (enjoy the playoffs).  I didn't even know that the club existed until now.  Thanks for being a d0uche though.  Go Bulls...

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Its true, most students didnt even know that the club existed until Athletics made a better effort to promote it to get loyalty points. So dont knock people for not knowing about it, blame marketing.

Archived