• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something other than the Rays

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,705
  • Days Won:  424

This pic of Van Der Beck makes me feel old ...... real old.  :-\

vanderbeck.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

18 acres near Veteran's and Waters? I can't think of where 18 acres of open land would be. That would have to be way off of Waters.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,705
  • Days Won:  424

18 acres near Veteran's and Waters? I can't think of where 18 acres of open land would be. That would have to be way off of Waters.

Seems to be some vacant land south of Waters ... don't know if it's 18 acres or not.

watersave1.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

That land just West of Vetrean's is split into several different parcels, but the land West of that appears to have only 1 owner, so maybe that is where they are looking. I am excited about the fact that Proffesional soccer will be back in Tampa.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

That's so close to my house.  I'm gonna have to go to some games. 

It would be nice if they could eventually get an MLS team to play there.  I went to a few Mutiny games and I had a good time. 

Does any of you soccer guys know is it possible for teams to move up to MLS?  Isn't that how it goes over in Europe?  If a team does well don't they move up in divisions or something like that?  Don't laugh at me too hard.  I truly have no idea.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

That's so close to my house.  I'm gonna have to go to some games. 

It would be nice if they could eventually get an MLS team to play there.  I went to a few Mutiny games and I had a good time. 

Does any of you soccer guys know is it possible for teams to move up to MLS?  Isn't that how it goes over in Europe?  If a team does well don't they move up in divisions or something like that?  Don't laugh at me too hard.  I truly have no idea.

That is how it is done in Europe. But soccer leagues in Europe tend to be one whole association. So, picture the many layers of baseball here in the US: Majors, AAA, AA, A, etc.

MLS and USL are different businesses all together. That being said, Seattle moved from the USL to MLS. But it cost them around $30 million to do so in a franchise fee.

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for answering.  It would be cool if the Rowdies got into MLS.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Going through my mother's old pictures a few weeks ago I ran across some really cool game pictures of the Rowdies that my fater took.  Too bad no one can ever re-create that atmosphere.  It was a really fun time to be a kid.

The Rowdies run here, the Rowdies run there,

They kick the ball around...

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Seems to be some vacant land south of Waters ... don't know if it's 18 acres or not.

watersave1.jpg

The site they are building on is the section of land between Veterans, Waters, and Benjamin Rd

Archived