• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Nation has spoken: It's all about USF, stupid!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

UCF Nation has spoken: It's all about USF, stupid!

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.

I knew that there is clearly one team that the budding UCF Nation wants to beat more than any other this season, and that team is USF.

I took one of my handy-dandy Open Mike polls yesterday morning and here are the results 24 hours later:

There were nearly 200 votes (196 to be exact) as of 6 a.m. this morning and 64 percent of the electorate voted South Florida as UCF's biggest game, 22 percent voted Miami, 6 percent voted for the Conference USA showdown with Tulsa and 8 percent voted for "Other."

Wrote one voter: "There is no game on UCF's schedule bigger than USF. This may sound crazy or (like an) exaggeration, but I would take 1-13 with a win against USF over 13-1 with the loss to USF. But that's just me."

I don't know if I would go that far, but the point is well-taken. And the point is this:

To the country's electorate, it's all about the economy, stupid, but to UCF Nation's  electorate, it's all about the Bulls, stupid.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2008/08/ucf-nation-has.html

we should have a 20 year deal with these guys

12 in tampa

8 in orlando

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

This night game on the road is such a trap.

Basically it is Superior talent v. Every other tangible and intangible advantage in competitive sports.

I dont think it's a trap game. The team really gets up when they play UCF. I think they really look forward to that game.

we shouldbeat them by 70

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I can't wait until the fans and team inevitably start saying stupid, insulting things about USF. That worked out really well for them last year.

We got a touchdown for about every time they threw some ignorance

• Content Count:  486

We are their SUPER BOWL!

We're like the yankees...

I thought WVU was like the Yankees?????

• Content Count:  2,461

If we don't win by at least three TDs, I'll cut off my left thumb.

Better make sure the knife is sterilized first.

USF will win, but it won't be by more than 21 points... last year was an anomaly -- you have to see they have all of the intangibles on their side (last game of series, first in their house, etc).

Look for a game around 34-24... close but never in doubt.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Can I watch?!

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Better make sure the knife is sterilized first.

USF will win, but it won't be by more than 21 points... last year was an anomaly -- you have to see they have all of the intangibles on their side (last game of series, first in their house, etc).

Look for a game around 34-24... close but never in doubt.

I have to agree I think its a much closer game this year. It could be a blowout just depends how we come out of the gates.

• Content Count:  883

I really just think it depends on how good we are.  Are we truly good enough to be ranked pre-season for the first time?  I think so and I'm sure all or most of you do to.  If that's the case we should easily beat them.  They've lost a lot and for the most part, other than the big two getting drafted, we've gotten deeper and more experienced.  I think we'll beat them handily and put them out of their misery one last time.

You have to realize that after UCF last year was FAU... after UCF this year is Kansas.  So it has some makings of a trap... and it means the coaches won't be fully opening the playbook... it also could mean rotating players more to rest them and prevent injury.

USF clearly has the ability and talent to replicate the 64-12 beat down... but I really don't think the coaches will even try to do that.  They will simply get out in front and coast... if USF gets up by two TDs expect a lot of running plays - by committee at that.

Archived