• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gentshaft is an A** Hole - Keeps Tampa Campus Open During a Hurricane...

6r3yf0x

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

>:(

The Shaft as I call her has decided to keep the USF Tampa Campus open tomorrow despite the closure of all public schools and her own decision to close the St. Pete, Lakeland, and Polytech campuses.

She did this so that we staff and faculty would have to use our leave to remain safe tomorrow... this kind of ties into how the University is crapping on our few remaining big budget researchers... if USF keeps this up then it will have the same crappy service as HCC or PHCC...

Now maybe I'm over reacting, but in the face of a potential Charley clone I think she should had chose safety over money... hell half of the over spending is spent on her salary...

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

>:(

The Shaft as I call her has decided to keep the USF Tampa Campus open tomorrow despite the closure of all public schools and her own decision to close the St. Pete, Lakeland, and Polytech campuses.

She did this so that we staff and faculty would have to use our leave to remain safe tomorrow... this kind of ties into how the University is crapping on our few remaining big budget researchers... if USF keeps this up then it will have the same crappy service as HCC or PHCC...

Now maybe I'm over reacting, but in the face of a potential Charley clone I think she should had chose safety over money... hell half of the over spending is spent on her salary...

Oh, they are doing this at all places of business in town.  I live 60 miles away in a flood zone, have the ability to do 100% of my work from home, yet my management won't pull thr trigger until tomorrow morning.

• Content Count:  138

I find this kinda interesting considering they closed Moffitt & MBC to all non essential personnel.  Unless they have done some major construction in the past few days, the hospital itself is still on the USF Tampa campus.

• Content Count:  2,461

My gf works in a bank in downtown tampa on the river--and they haven't been closed, yet.

This thing isn't even a hurricane, yet...

• Content Count:  12,293

i work downtown right on the river and i have to be there at 8am tomorrow.

• Content Count:  407

I was suprised myself when i read that the Tampa campus was still going to be opened.

i mean closing the one in Lakeland is kinda out there but i mean its safe to everyone who goes there, so im thinking the same for the Tampa campus, seeing as how its still in the line of fire for this tropical storm/hurricane.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

My work (in Melbourne) just closed the plant.  I am kind of bummed - I mean sure I get a free day of vacation but I have a lot of work to do.  Guess who is going to have to work this weekend to make-up for it.  I would much rather the company had said "use your best judgement".  I am going to head down there now, hopefully before everything gets locked down, and try and bring some stuff home to work on tomorrow.

Point is, no matter what Genshaft had done, some people would complain.  I think the professors pulling in the big time research dollars are probably happy they can continue progressing cutting edge research.

Stay safe.

• Content Count:  2,307

Yikes, you're really angry...maybe over-reacting a bit.

I also work tomorrow.

• Content Count:  1,479

They just said on Bay News 9 the track of it moved further south and east, there is a good chance Tampa wont even get much rain tomorrow.

Archived