• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shields struggles sometimes...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

but dude is a fighter.  I love how he keeps battling no matter what.  Hope we can pull out the win.  Top of the 9th tied at 4.  Bullpen is doing it's job nicely so far this afternoon.

• Content Count:  12,293

good pitchers are still able to get outs when they dont have their best stuff.  shields is our more reliable pitcher.  probably not the best "stuff"  but rarely has a bad outing....

lets hope Percy can hold it down 2 days in a row. 

and the old man hurts himself again........

maybe this is a good thing.  he hasnt been too solid lately.  A LOT of walks.  lets hope that balfour can come in and take hold of the closers role.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

STILL going on. UGH Nothing seems to come easy for them right now.

1 more win in the books.  with each passing day its one less day the red sox have to catch us.

Percy seems to be a liability more and more with each game.  It sucks that he hurt his knee, but I'm really tired of seeing him give up the lead off walk or homer so often.  I know it's not every time, but it sure seems like it.  He doesn't give up that lead off walk maybe the game ends after the 9th instead of the 12th.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Percy seems to be a liability more and more with each game.  It sucks that he hurt his knee, but I'm really tired of seeing him give up the lead off walk or homer so often.  I know it's not every time, but it sure seems like it.  He doesn't give up that lead off walk maybe the game ends after the 9th instead of the 12th.

It must just be that I can identify with an old fat guy still trying to play a kids' game but I've still got faith in the geezer ..... I say rest him for a month and bring him back in the home stretch of the playoff run. I just think his expereince will be invaluable during that crunch time

It must just be that I can identify with an old fat guy still trying to play a kids' game but I've still got faith in the geezer ..... I say rest him for a month and bring him back in the home stretch of the playoff run. I just think his expereince will be invaluable during that crunch time

Good point.  I'm just nervous that he's gonna keep breaking down and cost us some wins when we really need them.

• Content Count:  873

Good point.  I'm just nervous that he's gonna keep breaking down and cost us some wins when we really need them.

That's what I've been saying for a while now.

Archived