• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big East Hate Meter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation?tag=Hatemeter

Posted by ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach

Here's a ranking of Big East teams, from the most hated on down:

1. West Virginia -- From burning sofas to John Denver, college football fans hate the Mountaineers for myriad reasons.

2. Rutgers -- How can fans not hate a team from Piscataway, N.J.?

3. Pittsburgh -- The Panthers might be more lovable if coach Dave Wannstedt shaved his moustache.

4. South Florida -- Big East fans don't necessarily hate the Bulls; they only fear what they're about to become.

5. Louisville -- It was a lot easier to hate the Cardinals when Bobby Petrino was coaching there.

6. Syracuse -- Big East fans only hate that they don't get to play the Orange every week.

7. Cincinnati -- If only Bob Huggins was around to coach the Bearcats in football.

8. Connecticut -- You can't really hate a college football program this young.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I HATE RUTGERS.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

thanks for my new signature!

and I hate WV more than Rutgers (except on game day when we play RU) - I just can't bring myself to hate yankees more than couch burnin' hicks no matter how much I want to

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Rutgers.  Hate 'em.  Hate the region. 

I have a hard time hating WVU, they've given us two of our program's biggest wins.  Plus I grew up somewhat rooting for them as I have family (with teeth) up there.

• Content Count:  2,307

USF and UCONN are not that far apart in terms of age....Makes it even better that they say that about USF.

• Content Count:  1,254

I would have to say Rutgers is number 1 on my hate list also, although that would probably be different for those agreeing if we weren't on a 2 game losing streak to them. Greg Schiano just pisses me off though. Forget chopping wood, his favorite thing is sucking it.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I would have to say Rutgers is number 1 on my hate list also, although that would probably be different for those agreeing if we weren't on a 2 game losing streak to them. Greg Schiano just pisses me off though. Forget chopping wood, his favorite thing is sucking it.

I guess this is part of the reason I gotta go with WV over RU. WE lost the games against Rutgers. Blame anyone you want...the refs, injuries, whatever...USF was still in it in both those games, had the opportunities to win them in the end, and couldn't get it done. That doesn't make me hate the other team more, it just frustrates me to see our team not play at the level I know they're capable of.

WV gets almost all of the respect in the Big East. They've won the conference 2 of the last 3 years, and isn't that our ultimate goal...winning the conference.

Schlabach the Buffoon over at ESPN did an artice on the most hated team in each conference

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation?tag=Hate

His BE choice was WVU and he ended the description with this doozy: The real source of the hatred for West Virginia? Maybe it's because fans know their linebackers and defensive backs have absolutely no chance of catching quarterback Pat White and tailback Noel Devine once they cross the line of scrimmage.

Obviously he missed their last two games against us.

It's this sort of stuff that makes me hate WV more than Rutgers. And for the record...I've gotten to hear my friends and cousins gloat the last 2 years after loosing to Rutgers so those games are personal.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Forget chopping wood, his favorite thing is sucking it.

yeah... watching Bluto scamper clear across the field with his clipboard dangling from his a**hole to whine to the refs about the "illegal forward propulsion" caused me to lose all respect i had for the man... which was virtually nill to begin with.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Gotta go with Rutgers by a country mile.  Their coach is the biggest crybaby I've ever seen.

The only time I have any animosity towards WVU is on gameday when we play them.  I found the WVU fans, for the most part, to be pleasant (at least the ones I met).  Can't really say the same about the Rutgers fans.

As a former New Yorker you would think I'd be partial towards Rutgers, being a Northeast team, wouldn't you?  NOT!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,260

Hmm...surprised Pitt is that high. Maybe based on history? I actually feel sorry for them...

Archived