• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Has A Paintball Team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  1

CFP is Central Florida Paintball.  They have 5 scenario fields, 1 hyperball field and 6 x-ball fields.  It is the nicest, most immaculate facility in the entire southeast.  They are family owned and boast an extremely friendly staff.  It's located in Lakeland.  Visit their website for more information, www.centralfloridapaintball.com

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

represent.

also I hope someone just saw that hick attempt a WVU rap on CFL, im dying.

represent.

also I hope someone just saw that hick attempt a WVU rap on CFL, im dying.

That was horrendous.

• Content Count:  9,038

I will be sure to check out CFP.

• Content Count:  1,501

Greetings, I am pleased to announce the beginning of the USF College Paintball team.  We were founded near the end of last year and have finally cleared all of the red tape to allow us to begin competition.  We are not a sanctioned sport, but rather a sports club similar to Rugby.  We will be competing in the National Collegiate Paintball Association (NCPA) and other tournament series.  The NCPA is covered nationally via television and various news publications including Fox Sports Net and Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine.  In fact, the nationals were actually held in Lakeland, Florida this year and were aired on Fox Sports Net a few days ago.

For more information on the team or if you are interested in being a part of the club visit our website.

This is very nice to see.  I actually started one of the 1st paintball clubs at the University of Akron back in 1997!  We played in one tourney against Penn State, WVU and some others and took home 2nd place.  I then played professionally for awhile for a team called OBR.  That was back in the NPPL 10 man woods days.  I played a little 7 man PSP a few years back when I was in law school.  We were sponsored by SmartParts so I had a free Shocker, but I was looking to get something new. 

What would you recommend? I have an ORIGINAL Angel number 597, one of the 1st in the US.  But I was thinking about a new Shocker or the Bob Long?  I am out of the game though, so I have no clue about what the teams are shooting now days.  Thoughts?  What are you guys going to be shooting??

This is very nice to see.  I actually started one of the 1st paintball clubs at the University of Akron back in 1997!  We played in one tourney against Penn State, WVU and some others and took home 2nd place.  I then played professionally for awhile for a team called OBR.  That was back in the NPPL 10 man woods days.  I played a little 7 man PSP a few years back when I was in law school.  We were sponsored by SmartParts so I had a free Shocker, but I was looking to get something new. 

What would you recommend? I have an ORIGINAL Angel number 597, one of the 1st in the US.  But I was thinking about a new Shocker or the Bob Long?  I am out of the game though, so I have no clue about what the teams are shooting now days.  Thoughts?  What are you guys going to be shooting??

Great to meet a guy from the good ole days.  I've heard quite a few stories from my boss, John Amodea.  He played for Bad Company.  Markers have really come a long way since those days.  You can pick up a gun that actually shoots better than a Shocker for half the price.  The USF team will possibly be shooting Invert Mini's which are basically Empire markers as Invert is a company spawned from Empire.  They only cost $300 and were the first gun to run the air through the grip frame, eliminating the use of hoses.  I have made a few connections with those guys through the magazine I work for and that looks to be our best bet for sponsorship.  However, if you are just looking to have a top quality marker that will last you a while I can make a few suggestions.

There are just so many great markers out there it is tough to decide what exactly is the best bang for your buck.  These days as long as you stay away from bargain brands such as Spyder you are fine.  Smart Parts and Angel are no longer top dog when it comes to markers however the new Luxe is a nice marker.  Bob Long has started a new company and his new stuff is some great stuff.  The Dye DM8 is one of the nicest most pristine markers on the market.  Another top marker is the Planet Eclipse Ego.  It is one of the last good open bolt system markers.  A couple of fairly new companies pioneering the industry are Dangerous Power and MacDev.  There is just so much out there these days it's tough to decide.  Check some stuff out at www.actionvillage.com

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I <3 actionVillage

• Content Count:  1,501

Great to meet a guy from the good ole days.  I've heard quite a few stories from my boss, John Amodea.  He played for Bad Company.  Markers have really come a long way since those days.  You can pick up a gun that actually shoots better than a Shocker for half the price.  The USF team will possibly be shooting Invert Mini's which are basically Empire markers as Invert is a company spawned from Empire.  They only cost $300 and were the first gun to run the air through the grip frame, eliminating the use of hoses.  I have made a few connections with those guys through the magazine I work for and that looks to be our best bet for sponsorship.  However, if you are just looking to have a top quality marker that will last you a while I can make a few suggestions.

There are just so many great markers out there it is tough to decide what exactly is the best bang for your buck.  These days as long as you stay away from bargain brands such as Spyder you are fine.  Smart Parts and Angel are no longer top dog when it comes to markers however the new Luxe is a nice marker.  Bob Long has started a new company and his new stuff is some great stuff.  The Dye DM8 is one of the nicest most pristine markers on the market.  Another top marker is the Planet Eclipse Ego.  It is one of the last good open bolt system markers.  A couple of fairly new companies pioneering the industry are Dangerous Power and MacDev.  There is just so much out there these days it's tough to decide.  Check some stuff out at www.actionvillage.com

Wow, Bad Company....I have some Bad memories about playing against them.  I think I last played them in Orlando at the PSP World Cup in 2003.  That games lasted all of 30 seconds.

And then there is some OLD SCHOOL Bad Company from the 90's.  The guy that was the Captain of OBR, Steve Pisick (sp), went and played for them about '97.  Around when we got those first Angels. We went from 'Cocker and 'Mags to the Angel, which was unreal. 

I take a look at your recommendations.

Oh, and if you get some jerseys, I want to order one.  Just let me know!!!

When I get back to Tampa I will come out with you guys to give you someone to shoot at...

Wow, Bad Company....I have some Bad memories about playing against them.  I think I last played them in Orlando at the PSP World Cup in 2003.  That games lasted all of 30 seconds.

And then there is some OLD SCHOOL Bad Company from the 90's.  The guy that was the Captain of OBR, Steve Pisick (sp), went and played for them about '97.  Around when we got those first Angels. We went from 'Cocker and 'Mags to the Angel, which was unreal. 

I take a look at your recommendations.

Oh, and if you get some jerseys, I want to order one.  Just let me know!!!

When I get back to Tampa I will come out with you guys to give you someone to shoot at...

LOL sounds good man.

• 5 months later...

Archived