• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am not a Banks/Hobby Fan But Think About It

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Our offense worked for four yrs with Blackwell, and you do not see teams changing their offense you see them bringing players in to fit their offense whether it be pro or college most teams run the same offense every yr. Our offense is designed for a mobile QB we have been trying to recruit one for 3 yrs now. We finally got one in the Auburn Transfer  but we cannot just change the offense for 1 yr.

Like Leavitt said these are the QB's we got, there is nothing we can do.....I think maybe we should give Gachette a chance but dont you think if JL thought he was good enough he would have played him.

I was the first person calling for Pat last night but after thinking about it, it might not have been the best move to put him in. He obviously was hurt which is why he didnt start, he was put in the game when it was pretty much out of reach, maybe we should have rested him for next week when the game really does count (a conference game)

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

that offense worked great against I-AA teams and except Pitt not worked as well against top I-A teams especially on the road.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I just want to see us score points, is that to much to ask?

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I just want to see us score points, is that to much to ask?

wow i actually agree with something you said!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the competition has been significantly upgraded since MB's days and we have to adjust and change if it isn't working

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

You do not see teams changing their offense you see them bringing players in to fit their offense. Our offense is designed for a mobile QB we have been trying to recruit one for 3 yrs now. We cannot just change the offense for 1 yr.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

You show me a head coach who's too stubborn to adapt his scheme to his personnel, and I'll show you an ex-head coach.

Exhibit A: Todd Berry. He insisted on installing a pro-style passing offense at Army when he had no personnel to run it. Career record: 5-35.

Besides, you completely invalidate your own point by bringing up Blackwell. Did we run the same pass-happy shotgun scheme when Chad Barnhardt was under center? No, we changed from the more conservative offense of Mike Canales to a offensive scheme better suited to Blackwell's skills. If we can change offenses to suit Blackwell's talents, we can surely change schemes to suit the talents of our current QBs.

I agree that you can't eighty-six an entire offensive system two games into a season, but it's clear that some tweaks need to be made at 4202 East Fowler or this will be a long season.

student body right

student body left

it worked for the real USC for 30 years

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

scheme or OC must change! and soon.

why did we not use spring to tweek or install changes?

or did we?

this group doesn't seem to want change so i wouldn't expect to see any major change until season is over though more running would keep other  teams  offense off field and might score us points

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

Everyone boo-hooed Canalas.  Now he is running the show at ASU (I think).  Blackwell made this offense run because it was against weaker talent and he was extremely mobile.  If you remember in big games (Arkansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma) our offense did not do well. Granted we have improved our talent, but the scheme did not do well.