• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football 2008 Schedule

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

So, I was looking at the upcoming schedule, which by the way is brilliant!  As was last years schedule.  I'll explain at the end.

TN-Mart                 W

@UCF          W

Kansas        W (Most likely, because of home field I'm assuming)

@FIU          W

@NC State  W (they are still really bad)

Pitt            W (we could have problems against their run game, but it's also at home)

Syracuse      W

@UL          W or L (Toss up because it's away and they'll be set at QB by this time)

@Cincy        L or W (Cincy won't be a push over. haven't won in the last 2 years)

Rutgers      W (Without rice and home refs they'll be eaten alive)

UConn      W

@WVU      ??? (Toss up)

So, because of our faux hard schedule, like last year, with a big game against a “good†team early (see: Auburn).  We could potentially go 7 – 0 or even 8 – 0.  The Big East has pushed the USF @ WVU game back a week so it’ll be during conf championship week and it will most likely be for the Big East Conference championship.

This should be another miracle season with a chance to go 12- 0. It’s not impossible.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

are schedule is not that tough. However, we seem to always lose a game we shouldn't. 10 win season (includes bowl game)

• Content Count:  412

We have the tools to beat every one of these teams. It's not unconceivable that we go undefeated at all.

Then again, we had the tools last year as well. So I feel like it's an issue of focus and execution. Gotta be consistent.

• Content Count:  919

In winning championships there is usually a progression.  This team got to #2 last year but faltered.  They are more experienced this year and if the O-Line stays healthy, should compete for the Big East title.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Bulls need to stay healthy. I won't speak for the bowl game, but our losses started when we started losing players...TJ, Walker, Amarri, Bogan.

We are getting deeper, and losing 1 reciever probably isn't going to kill us, but the OL, DL, LBs, and Grothe are all necessary if we are going to do something special.

The lines and linebackers have to work together so much that even replacing with someone talented hurts because there isn't the continuity that has been there. Grothe is a special QB. He wins games, creates momentum, and generally just pulls magic tricks on the field. This is his team, and I think without him, we struggle to a 7-5 record. The OL has to protect this guy at all costs.

Archived