• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So...were the tinmen

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

So...were the tinmen cheering on Memphis as a conference brother or jeering them as an alleged rival?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

So...were the tinmen cheering on Memphis as a conference brother or jeering them as an alleged rival?

Cheering.

With all due respect, you're not the ordinary tinman...what about the rest of the kool-aid crowd? 

With all due respect, you're not the ordinary tinman...what about the rest of the kool-aid crowd? 

Cheering also seemed to be the general consensus on the Rivals board too.

Even during football season, for OOC and bowl games, we root for our conference mates(even ECU, and they are tough to root for any sport).

Roger that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

I rooted for all the BE teams, unless they were screwing up my bracket, so I'm sure the Kanigits and all the CUSA teams are puliing for them as a matter of conf pride .... even though it means hearing over and over and over again how the Tigers didn't have ANY competition within the conference...  ::)

• Content Count:  526

I rooted for all the BE teams, unless they were screwing up my bracket, so I'm sure the Kanigits and all the CUSA teams are puliing for them as a matter of conf pride .... even though it means hearing over and over and over again how the Tigers didn't have ANY competition within the conference...   ::)

The Knats were rooting for Memphis so they can say that they lost to the National Champs...period.  The Knats don't care about anyone except themselves.

On a different but related note.  The Knats don't even want to be in C-DOA.  They think they should be in the SEC or BEAST...LOL 

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

It would have been nice for the league if Memphis had won... but seriously, if you asked ten sports fans, I bet nine of them wouldn't even know what conference Memphis played in. If the Tigers had won, it wouldn't have done squat for C-USA and might have even hurt them because the only logical thing for Memphis to do next would be to try and find a better league.

It's like, does anyone remember what conference UNLV played in when they won the title? Doubt it.

The Knats were rooting for Memphis so they can say that they lost to the National Champs...period.  The Knats don't care about anyone except themselves.

On a different but related note.  The Knats don't even want to be in C-DOA.  They think they should be in the SEC or BEAST...LOL 

:withstupid

Idiot alert.  Idiot alert.  Lock your doors and protect your children.  We have an idiot loose.

• Content Count:  711

I was rootin' for Memphis for sure.  They blew it though.  But they're were deserving of being there.  That team would've have been just as good in any conference.  My bro-in-law went to Memphis...so I pulled for them...and for CUSA.  It would even help in recruiting for a conference like CUSA to say that if good enough...anyone could get there...despite the conference.

Conference rivalries are mostly friendly unless your OSU/Michigan, UF/TENN/UGA or Oklahoma/TX, etc.  But for UCF and CUSA...the rivalries are different.  Most are after a conf title...but there's not much bad blood.  Same could be said for USF and the BE.  Although I'm sure you have some fans from other BE schools that will get to you, too.  It's different with in-state rivalries like FSU/UF and others.  There's just too many of each's fans mixed up around each other...where in our conferences...there's not any, really.

Archived