• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU gets early commits from 2 top 2009 recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Wow Bill Stewart pulled that kid from way over in Virginia. Thats recruiting  >:D

• Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

sorry... saw how you guys like to talk about the bad WVU news on this board (Devine). Just wondered what your thoughts were on the good news...

If we beat you at home (again) this year we get to rename the field, right?

lol... I hope not. But you guys do own us right now. (right now...)

Wow Bill Stewart pulled that kid from way over in Virginia. Thats recruiting  >:D

Actually it was the RROD thing being a blessing in disquise. Our new RB coach Chris Beatty used to coach HS football in that area and has known him since he was like 10 years old... and he the Boyd are good friends.

• Content Count:  993

****, WVU was doing well enough without landing many blue chippers

• Content Count:  526

WVU gets highly regarded recruits...NEWS?  NO

WVU beats USF...NEWS?  Hell Yeah

WVU has always gotten big recruits.  Anyone remember a recruit named Noel Devine last year?  So what?!?!

Guest Mr. AKA

Actually it was the RROD thing being a blessing in disquise. Our new RB coach Chris Beatty used to coach HS football in that area and has known him since he was like 10 years old... and he the Boyd are good friends.

I dont think RROD is a blessing, oh wait yes it is.......for Michigan. Let's be honest RROD was a good coach, he built that program. Stewart was the sentimental favorite, in 4 years or less, they will be looking to replace him.

Why is their such hatred for RROD? Do you think WVU is a better opportunity then Michigan? Any sane person realizes UM trumps WVU. RROD was looking out for himself and his family. Can you blame the guy for that?

Every WVU fan I've talked to trashes him, I understand the betrayl factor, but would you pass up a major opportunity in your line of work? I think not

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Wow Bill Stewart pulled that kid from way over in Virginia. Thats recruiting  >:D

I dont think RROD is a blessing, oh wait yes it is.......for Michigan. Let's be honest RROD was a good coach, he built that program. Stewart was the sentimental favorite, in 4 years or less, they will be looking to replace him.

Why is their such hatred for RROD? Do you think WVU is a better opportunity then Michigan? Any sane person realizes UM trumps WVU. RROD was looking out for himself and his family. Can you blame the guy for that?

Every WVU fan I've talked to trashes him, I understand the betrayl factor, but would you pass up a major opportunity in your line of work? I think not

Congrats on the recruits wascher, but RRod bailing on WVU was not a good thing for WVU.

I personally don't blame him for leaving. Although I don't like them, Michigan has a rich history and can't blame a guy for taking the money. What I didn't like is him denying interest in the job, and telling us "you're stuck with me as long as you will have me" a week prior to taking the job. And then... there is the whole $4 million thing... and the recruiting calls on his way out. The shredding thing I think was a bit overrated thanks to ESPN. Again, I don't blame him for leaving WV alum or not, just don't care for the manner in which he did it. I seriously doubt we will be looking to replace Stewart anytime soon. WVU kind of took a different approach by spending the money and snagging up great position and recruiting coaches. It's not all about the head coach. Seems like he's had an excellent start. RROD was getting too predictable. I mean, run with Pat, run with Steve, bubble screen to the outside... That's why we dominated the Fiesta Bowl. They didn't know what to expect. We should be able to mix in a little more passing and stretch the field now.

Meanwhile RROD is still searching for a QB to run his style offense. I sure am curious to see what happens if he fails to land Pryor. If he doesn't get a QB to fit his style, he going to have a worse first season than their basketball coach did when he defected from WVU. I think he won... 10 games this year. In fact, I think they only scored like 34 points the other night. Huggy is doing just fine pulling in 4 star recruits. too bad he couldn't pull a RROD/Pryor move and lure Beasely to WVU with him...lol

Archived