• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early Preseason Top 25.....

RJWGoBulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

pre season rankings are a joke.

We beat Kansas we move on up

(just like beating Auburn)

• Content Count:  1,457

When the "real" polls come out it will be 20-25, maybe 28-30 action.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I thought for sure we would be somewhere in the 20 to 25 area.  Guess I was wrong.  Still no love.  Didn't we beat down Pitt last year and handled WVU again?  What do we have to do?

when  you are a favorite in a bowl game and get destroyed

you get hurt in preseason rankings

Again, I understand that.  I agree that Oregon should be ahead of us.  Just don't understand why Pitt is ahead of us and to a lesser degree WVU.  I know they did good in their bowl game, but we still beat them and are going to again this year.

let's remember these are projections

the experts think after so many great recruiting classes and such talent pitt will finally do well. i am not convinced

wv is wv and  are expected to be ranked ahead of us

usf lost several key games in which the world was watching and lost 4 games in which they were favorite so the voters will not support them

• Content Count:  118

I thought for sure we would be somewhere in the 20 to 25 area.  Guess I was wrong.  Still no love.  Didn't we beat down Pitt last year and handled WVU again?  What do we have to do?

when  you are a favorite in a bowl game and get destroyed

you get hurt in preseason rankings

Again, I understand that.  I agree that Oregon should be ahead of us.  Just don't understand why Pitt is ahead of us and to a lesser degree WVU.  I know they did good in their bowl game, but we still beat them and are going to again this year.

UCLA was ranked really high in preseason polls last year even though there was no real evidence that they would be good, and they even lost their bowl. Why? They beat USC in the season finale and prevented USC from going to the national title game. That is what all of the voters remembered. It is the same thing with Pittsburgh, they beat West Virginia in the season finale and knocked them out of the national title game. Media members remember that game and are ranking Pittsburgh because of it even though there is little evidence that they will be improved.

It's okay though, because preseason rankings are for the most part meaningless. I say most part because in 2004 Auburn was screwed because they were ranked lower in the preseason than USC and Oklahoma but 3 BCS conference teams don't usually go undefeated like they did that year.

• Content Count:  1,457

Well, we may be as high as 37 too.....and as low as 25th.

• Content Count:  260

I hear you all, but it was only one game.  I have no problem with Oregon being ahead of us, cause as they proved on the foeld they're better.  But as far as Pitt and WVU, it makes no sense to me.  I know Pitt did great in recruiting, but until they start winning on the field they don't deserve to be ranked that high.  And WVU we beat again.  They lost their head coach and Slaton (I think).  We returned the majority of our starters and will be more ready for the pressure this year.  That's all I'm saying.

By your logic, since Oklahoma is #2, WVU should be the preseason #1 in this poll.

Archived