• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT THINK STARS MEAN EVERYTHING..DONT LOOK AT THIS POST !!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

OK EVERYONE HERE GETS IT STARS ARE NOT THE END ALL BE ALL WHEN IT COMES TO RECRUITING!  CAN WE PLEASE START A STARS DONT MATTER FORUM FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET HARD ONS ANY TIME A PLAYER DOESNT LIVE UP TO HIS STAR RATING?  ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT RECRUITING AT ALL KNOWS THAT STARS ARE SUBJECTIVE AND ONLY A SMALL PIECE OF THE PUZZLE WHEN IT COMES TO JUST HOW A GOOD A RECRUIT IS WHEN THEY COME OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.  HOW ABOUT A COMPROMISE AND A STICKY FOR ALL THE REPETITIVE "OMG IM GUNNA ENLIGHTEN YOU ON WHY STARS AREN'T THE END ALL BE ALL" POSTS.

Sorry this post isnt aimed at anyone in general I'm just tired of the repetitive posts about the star system that all pretty much say the same thing over and over again just in different words.  People who seem to live to post this kind of stuff are just smazza with a different view point.  This forum is supposed to be used to talk about USF RECRUITING and not the star system and its effectiveness.   

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

LOL...Come on...Theres only one Smazza  ;D

Ill stand corrected on that.  There truly is only one Smazza hes an anomaly. 

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

I don't care how many stars they get as long as they come and produce and we win.  That's all that matters.  But on the other hand it would LOOK nice if we had more 4 star and any 5 star recruits.  Appearance and status is what those stars represent in the long run.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Recruiting - What Happened To the 5-Star Prospects?

How many of the superstar recruits actually pan out? Richard Cirminiello goes back four years to see how many of the 5-star prospects actually lived up to their billing, like former Oklahoma star Adrian Peterson, and which fizzled.

The 5-star recruit.  The Holy Grail for any coaching staff, university, and fan base.  There are good high school players, and then there are the 5-star athletes, the top 1% of available candidates, and the caliber of players that programs and recruiting classes are built around.  However, the glow of landing one of these rare gems can sometimes fade before the following February’s signing day.  The reality is that even the highest-rated recruits can be hit-or-miss, an inexact science that can be exhilarating or unbelievably frustrating.  To illustrate this point, we’ve taken a revisionist look at the 30 5-star recruits from four years ago to see who lived up to expectations and who was living a lie.  We’ve also revised the ratings of each player to reflect how well they’ve matched lofty advanced billings since leaving high school. 

*Historical rankings from 2004 are courtesy of Scout.com

http://cfn.scout.com/2/726341.html

**the stars wouldnt show up on the site, but theres the link !

Heres how the revised rankings brokedown !

5* = 8

4* = 5

3* = 4

2* = 8

1* = 1

0* = 4

the teams with most stars do the best

conversley teams with least stars do the worst

OK EVERYONE HERE GETS IT STARS ARE NOT THE END ALL BE ALL WHEN IT COMES TO RECRUITING!   CAN WE PLEASE START A STARS DONT MATTER FORUM FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET HARD ONS ANY TIME A PLAYER DOESNT LIVE UP TO HIS STAR RATING?   ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT RECRUITING AT ALL KNOWS THAT STARS ARE SUBJECTIVE AND ONLY A SMALL PIECE OF THE PUZZLE WHEN IT COMES TO JUST HOW A GOOD A RECRUIT IS WHEN THEY COME OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.  HOW ABOUT A COMPROMISE AND A STICKY FOR ALL THE REPETITIVE "OMG IM GUNNA ENLIGHTEN YOU ON WHY STARS AREN'T THE END ALL BE ALL" POSTS.

Sorry this post isnt aimed at anyone in general I'm just tired of the repetitive posts about the star system that all pretty much say the same thing over and over again just in different words.  People who seem to live to post this kind of stuff are just smazza with a different view point.  This forum is supposed to be used to talk about USF RECRUITING and not the star system and its effectiveness.   

the  consistent top 20 proprams try to get 4 and 5 star players by the bushel

That's nice. 

Call me crazy, but I'd still rather take my chances with a bunch of 5 star recruits than with a bunch of 2 star recruits.

those that defend 2 star players as opposed to 4 and 5 star players are silly

OK EVERYONE HERE GETS IT STARS ARE NOT THE END ALL BE ALL WHEN IT COMES TO RECRUITING!   CAN WE PLEASE START A STARS DONT MATTER FORUM FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET HARD ONS ANY TIME A PLAYER DOESNT LIVE UP TO HIS STAR RATING?   ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT RECRUITING AT ALL KNOWS THAT STARS ARE SUBJECTIVE AND ONLY A SMALL PIECE OF THE PUZZLE WHEN IT COMES TO JUST HOW A GOOD A RECRUIT IS WHEN THEY COME OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL.  HOW ABOUT A COMPROMISE AND A STICKY FOR ALL THE REPETITIVE "OMG IM GUNNA ENLIGHTEN YOU ON WHY STARS AREN'T THE END ALL BE ALL" POSTS.

this board may not be for you since most posts and topics are repetitive

• Content Count:  505

That's nice. 

Call me crazy, but I'd still rather take my chances with a bunch of 5 star recruits than with a bunch of 2 star recruits.

Totally agree.  These stars don't matter folks probably have wife's that tell them - Don't worry honey size doesn't matter.

• Content Count:  883

That's nice. 

Totally agree.  These stars don't matter folks probably have wife's that tell them - Don't worry honey size doesn't matter.

Are you calling my wife a liar?  LOL

Archived