• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kalvin Bailey wants to attend USF!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I cant wait until these guys start to realize they shud stay home on the 1st go round .

We should applaud those guys from Armwood who DID realize that like Buie and Griffin, even before we were in a BCS conference.

Buie had offers from: UF and FSU

http://hsflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=376&p=8&c=1&nid=856788

Griffin had offers from: FSU and Tenn

http://hsflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=376&p=8&c=1&nid=856761

It looks like more and more HS players are just now realizing it, as they grew up watching USF move up the ladder. It will get even better next year.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

Former Armwood Star Wants To Attend USF

ADVERTISEMENT

By Brett McMurphy of The Tampa Tribune

Published: February 3, 2008

TAMPA - FB Kalvin Bailey, who was rated the nation's top high school fullback and won the Guy Toph Award as a senior at Armwood in 2004, said he wants to attend the University of South Florida next fall.

After Armwood, Bailey (6-0, 245 pounds) signed with Iowa, but he said he left the school because of academic reasons. He played the past two seasons at North Iowa Area Community College (2006) and College of the Siskiyous in Weed, Calif. (2007) and is currently attending Hillsborough Community College.

"USF is definitely my top choice, it's the perfect situation," Bailey said. "It would be nice being back home and being back close to my family."

At College of the Siskivous last fall, Bailey rushed for 363 yards, averaging 5.9 yards a carry, with four TDs. At North Iowa, he rushed for 247 yards, averaging 4.0 yards a carry.

Bailey said USF coach Jim Leavitt has expressed an interest if Bailey obtains his AA degree from HCC in May.

Despite having three freshmen among USF's top four returning backs last year, Bailey said USF is still his No. 1 choice. Bailey would have two years eligibility remaining for the 2008 and 2009 seasons.

"I believe competition brings out the best in everybody," Bailey said. "It can do nothing but help everyone. Competition is good."

The Bulls did not host any recruits this weekend. USF has 21 verbal commitments entering Wednesday's National Signing Day.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/feb/03/former-armwood-star-wants-attend-usf/?sports-colleges-bulls

dont need fullbacks

usf should pass and not waste a scholarship

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

I saw us use the I-form for a few plays against WVU and thought it looked pretty good, we need to keep it up

I agree. It semed to work just about every time, but we got away from using it much the rest of the season. I kept waiting to see multiple formations since our OC wrote the book on the option and the power running game. Hopefully, he'll break some more things out. LOL

leavitt hasnt allowed it

this is head coaches call

• 2 months later...

Kalvin doing 31 BP reps @225 Lbs.

He's definitely a BULL.  ;D

• Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

May is right around the corner, any updates MAMA ?

May is right around the corner, any updates MAMA ?

I just know he attended one of the spring practices, so he must think he's going to be OK. I always wanted to see him at USF. He gives us another dimension, IF we USE him properly.

• Content Count:  4,642

nice update

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,894

walked right past me at the spring game. I saw the name tag and I was like dang thats def him. The kid is huge.

Archived