• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HS Junior QB Fayson Verbals to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Not that a verbal from a HS Junior holds a lot of weight just yet, but it's nice to see that USF is gaining first-choice recogntion with a lot of these kids.

Note (Knights, this means you) that the Big East move was a big factor in this kid coming here.  Even more so than UCF's "nicer" facilities.  Go figure.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGB9IXHD2YD.html

Terriers QB Has Mind Made Up

By ANWAR S. RICHARDSON

Published: Aug 20, 2004

TAMPA - Hillsborough High quarterback Jarred Fayson has two years remaining in high school, but he already has decided he's headed to the University of South Florida.

Fayson, who led the Terriers to the Class 5A region final as a sophomore, verbally committed to USF. Fayson is the first-ever USF recruit to commit before their junior season.

Considered one of the state's top junior QBs, Fayson also had offers from UCF and Syracuse.

``USF will be one of the top programs when it comes down to it,'' Fayson said. ``The new facilities are nice, they're moving into the Big East and the program is on the rise. I told them I want to be a USF Bull.''

As a sophomore, the 6-foot-2, 195-pound Fayson threw for 1,597 yards (81 of 139) with 10 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also rushed for 411 yards.

Verbal commitments are nonbinding. Fayson can't sign with USF until Feb. 1, 2006 but said his commitment is solid.

``I want to stay here with my mom,'' he said. ``I still will explore other options and see what's out there, but I really want to stay in Tampa.

``I already know [uSF freshmen] Ronnie McCullough, Ricky Ponton [of Hillsborough] and Josh Balloon [of Jefferson], and USF is the program I want to play for.''

The Bulls now have received commitments from three solid QB prospects in the past few weeks - Fayson, Lake Gibson senior Matt Grothe and Auburn transfer Courtney Denson.

``South Florida's spread offense is perfect for him because he runs so well,'' Hillsborough coach Earl Garcia said. ``He has a chance to do something really special at Hillsborough and something special at USF.''

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

I'll guess we'll hear about him in 2006 or 2007 if he redshirts and Denson's your starter.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Not that a verbal from a HS Junior holds a lot of weight just yet, but it's nice to see that USF is gaining first-choice recogntion with a lot of these kids.

Note (Knights, this means you) that the Big East move was a big factor in this kid coming here.  Even more so than UCF's "nicer" facilities.  Go figure.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGB9IXHD2YD.html

[

He wants to stay close to his mommy.  Take the nipple out of your mouth buddy.  ::Love Fest::

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

He wants to stay close to his mommy.  Take the nipple out of your mouth buddy.  ::Love Fest::

yeah because its a bad thing to be close to your family???  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

That is pretty cool.

I know Michigan had a verbal from RB Grady in Grand Rapids before his junior year.  He is still committed.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I'll guess we'll hear about him in 2006 or 2007 if he redshirts and Denson's your starter.

Probably.  With Julmiste, Denson, Groethe, and now Fayson, it looks like USF is going to be stocked to the gills with high-quality QBs.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these guys transfer out when they realize we actually have a boat load of studs to sling the ball around now and that playing time will have to be earned on performance, not reputation.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Oh no!! We're getting a player that loves his mother!!  We can't have that!!

Guest S.  Bien

To bad more Central Florida top flight athletes don't have the same feeling.  Some of the best football and basketball players in the Orlando Area have been leaving out of the area for years to play real sports.  Not to impressive, you might want to start buying more binkies for the rugrats in Orlando.  Maybe someday they'll find UCF a viable option.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

To bad more Central Florida top flight athletes don't have the same feeling.  Some of the best football and basketball players in the Orlando Area have been leaving out of the area for years to play real sports.  Not to impressive, you might want to start buying more binkies for the rugrats in Orlando.  Maybe someday they'll find UCF a viable option.

You're right about that!

Too bad Keith Rivers didn't love his momma that much!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Well I think the fact that he wanted to stay close to his mother had more to do with his choosing USF than did the BE membership.  I'd bet you $5 if you guys were still in CUSA for the future, he would have gone your way.