• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LineBackers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Well you made this prediction a long time ago so I'll let it go.  But what info did you have to think you had a shot with Adkins?  He's a Miami commit now btw.

Forget it, let's just say at the time he was talking heavily with USF, and interested.   He was on USF's campus twice last summer, once for camp, once for a team competition and had some side meetings and a private tour with the coaches.

However Miami went for the gusto early and got him.  Miami only has like 15-16 schollies this year so they've been pushing the big name guys to commit to them early.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63

Is this kid going to even qualify though?  That's why I think we might get him.  If he doesn't qualify then Miami will go after someone else and he might end up here.  You might think i'm crazy but i'm just throwin it out there.

GO BULLS!!!

BIG JL

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

If he doesn't qualify, you can't get him.  There is a limit on how many prop 48 kids you can get.  I know in Florida it's mandated by the state and it's really low.  You may already be at the limit with  Buie.

Guest FreaKnight!

A few years back the state changed how the different state universities were governed and this included athletic policies and academics.  The "Prop 48" rule doesn't technically exist anymore from what I understand, but most BOT's (Boards of Trustees) from each school basically follow the same policy that was in place with the state before.  But I don't think they are binded by law to do so.  Admission policies are pretty much governed by each school's BOT.

S. Bien might be able to better clarify this.

Guest S.  Bien

I think Freak is right.  I am sure this is what precluded us from taking TJ since we already had one in Buie.   The coaches had 2-3 to choose from in this class- Buie, TJ, and Kearse, but appeared to opt for the best, and highly ranked player of the bunch.   If I recall USF can only take like 1 every two years, and have a total of two on the roster.  Don't quote me but it's pretty stringent.  One of the previous non-quals is graduating- Battle I believe, and thus making room for Buie.

Now Marshall on the other hand seems to govern by some out of this world rule for non-qualifiers.  They had like four this last year alone- two from Clearwater.

I think Freak is right.  I am sure this is what precluded us from taking TJ since we already had one in Buie.   The coaches had 2-3 to choose from in this class- Buie, TJ, and Kearse, but appeared to opt for the best, and highly ranked player of the bunch.   If I recall USF can only take like 1 every two years, and have a total of two on the roster.  Don't quote me but it's pretty stringent.  One of the previous non-quals is graduating- Battle I believe, and thus making room for Buie.

Now Marshall on the other hand seems to govern by some out of this world rule for non-qualifiers.  They had like four this last year alone- two from Clearwater.

I think it is a max of two.  Last one for us was TE Michael Gaines?  You'd think the NCAA would pass a limit on how many of these non qualifiers you can have.  If they don't qualify, but you can sign them anyways then what is the point?

If i'm not mistaken I think the miami doesn't have the full alotment of scholarships this year because they have to many guys that are on scholarships.  My point was that if that is true then they will go with someone else who can qualify and he might end up here.

GO BULLS!!!

BIG JL

Guest S.  Bien
If i'm not mistaken I think the miami doesn't have the full alotment of scholarships this year because they have to many guys that are on scholarships.  My point was that if that is true then they will go with someone else who can qualify and he might end up here.

GO BULLS!!!

BIG JL

No way.  He's already committed and they've accepted his commitment.  UM would be crazy not to honor the commitment of Spencer Atkins- he's special.  However, Miami's small alotment of available scholarships might be just want the doctor ordered for USF to sign Richard Gordon, Carlton Hill, and Randy Phillips.  Especially after they also secure commitments from Murdock, Kenny Phillips, Neefy Moffett, Barney, Martellus Bennett, and Antone Smith.  All six favor UM, and UM would be crazy to turn them down in lieu of the recruits I mentioned they were battling USF for their services.   Those six, plus three others that signed last year but are late enrollees would put UM at 20 scholarships if Phillips, and Houston left.

Didn't know that.   Thanks for the information S. Bien

GO BULLS!!!

BIG JL

No way.  He's already committed and they've accepted his commitment.  UM would be crazy not to honor the commitment of Spencer Atkins- he's special.  However, Miami's small alotment of available scholarships might be just want the doctor ordered for USF to sign Richard Gordon, Carlton Hill, and Randy Phillips.  Especially after they also secure commitments from Murdock, Kenny Phillips, Neefy Moffett, Barney, Martellus Bennett, and Antone Smith.  All six favor UM, and UM would be crazy to turn them down in lieu of the recruits I mentioned they were battling USF for their services.   Those six, plus three others that signed last year but are late enrollees would put UM at 20 scholarships if Phillips, and Houston left.

Richard Gordon is special like Adkins is.  However, his 770 SAT score is what keeps him flying low.  Miami is gonna have one star studded signing class.  Also as far as C Hill goes, Miami is dreadfully short on QB's.  They'll probably sign him.