• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LineBackers

Guest S.  Bien

Richard Gordon is special like Adkins is.  However, his 770 SAT score is what keeps him flying low.  Miami is gonna have one star studded signing class.  Also as far as C Hill goes, Miami is dreadfully short on QB's.  They'll probably sign him.

If Miami wanted him, they'd already have his commitment.  UM already has two all-americans on the roster- Kyle Wright, and Kirby Freeman plus a third lightly heralded transfer.  They've got a solid verbal from a top QB from Cali.  They've got three scholarships to give right now, and are desperate for at least one more WR- and OJ Murdock is their's to have, and maybe another Miami product.  I believe they take C. Hill as a WR only.  Gordon is very close to becoming eligible, and just re-took his tests.

Miami

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Another LB visiting USF [and UCF], Brent Davis from Mainlan HS. Rivals does not list him as interested in USF:

Free story:

Pack Takes Lead for Florida LB

By Steve Williams Football Recruiting Analyst

Date: Dec 29, 2004

LB Brent Davis has emerged as a major target of the NC State coaching staff.

NC State has landed one LB for the class of 2005 and has it’s sights set on adding at least one more in the coming weeks. A prime candidate for that spot is Brent Davis of Mainland High School in Daytona, Fl.

At 6-2, 200 pounds and boasting 4.5-second speed in the 40-yard dash, Davis may be somewhat undersized now but boasts the frame to add considerable size once he enters college. Some feel he also has the athleticism and ability to play strong safety as well. However, it was at LB this past year where Davis racked up better than 125 tackles, two interceptions and one forced fumble in helping lead Mainland to the fourth round of the state playoffs. Last year he recorded better than 100 tackles as the Bucs claimed a state title.

Several schools have taken notice of the all-area prospect’s talent as he’s collected scholarship offers from South Carolina, NC State, Purdue, UNC, Central Florida and South Florida. Davis made his first official visit earlier this month with the Wolfpack and it’s clear the trip made a huge impression.

"NC State was real nice," said Davis. "Another thing is my dad really likes the coaches and he liked the fact they didn’t pressure me. I mean, they want me to come there but they told me to just enjoy my other visits. They were my first visit but I really think they may have a little more to offer as far as football and educational opportunities."

Another school that has really turned up the heat recently is South Carolina. Rick Stockstill is recruiting Davis for the Gamecocks and the senior ‘backer is looking forward to a visit to Columbia on Jan 7.

"Coach Stockstill has been calling me a lot," said Davis. "You know, the coaches don’t say anything negative about other schools and he was saying NC State was nice but for me to come up there and see what they had to offer and how I liked it.

"I talked to coach Spurrier about two weeks ago and I told him how much of an honor it was to get to talk to him. I told him I never thought I’d be in a position to talk to someone like him."

In addition to the Pack and Gamecocks, Davis also plans visits to Central Florida and South Florida before making a decision later in January.

For now, Davis says NC State has set the bar for all future official visits.

"I would say NC State definitely stands out right now," he said. "Since I’ve taken that visit I know I’ve got something to compare the other schools to. You know, at first I was wanting to stay close to home but really, NC State or South Carolina aren’t too far. The thing with NC State is they had the nation’s No. 1 defense and that reminded me of Mainland’s defense because we were the best around here. And then, meeting with the coaches just made me feel like I was at home."

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/335099.html

This may be a stupid question but is there any news on Nate Harris?

GO BULLS!!!

BIG JL

He's a Louisville Verbal along with his DCCC teammate and buddy Steve Williams.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N763.Rivals/B1486660.2;sz=120x600;ord=[timestamp]?

We may have waited a bit too long to contact him as Louisville was on him early this year. Then, of course they did have a great season, so I can't fault him for choosing them. With his sordid background we probably would have taken a lot of flack in the press and we probably are better off without him from a PR point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Nate Harris will not be enrolling at UL for the spring semester. He hasn't sent in his LOI to them. Talk on their message board says he will be visiting USF:

http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=658&tid=45808572&sid=&style=2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

It looks like Nate Harris will not be enrolling at UL for the spring semester. He hasn't sent in his LOI to them. Talk on their message board says he will be visiting USF:

http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=658&tid=45808572&sid=&style=2

Talk on their message board indicates a possible academic problem.  Maybe he can get in at USF but Louisville won't matriculate his credits.  Would be a steal.  The possibility looms that he may need additional work and USF will cool on him as well.

Another LB visiting USF [and UCF], Brent Davis from Mainlan HS. Rivals does not list him as interested in USF:

Free story:

Pack Takes Lead for Florida LB

By Steve Williams Football Recruiting Analyst

Date: Dec 29, 2004

LB Brent Davis has emerged as a major target of the NC State coaching staff.

NC State has landed one LB for the class of 2005 and has it’s sights set on adding at least one more in the coming weeks. A prime candidate for that spot is Brent Davis of Mainland High School in Daytona, Fl.

At 6-2, 200 pounds and boasting 4.5-second speed in the 40-yard dash, Davis may be somewhat undersized now but boasts the frame to add considerable size once he enters college. Some feel he also has the athleticism and ability to play strong safety as well. However, it was at LB this past year where Davis racked up better than 125 tackles, two interceptions and one forced fumble in helping lead Mainland to the fourth round of the state playoffs. Last year he recorded better than 100 tackles as the Bucs claimed a state title.

Several schools have taken notice of the all-area prospect’s talent as he’s collected scholarship offers from South Carolina, NC State, Purdue, UNC, Central Florida and South Florida. Davis made his first official visit earlier this month with the Wolfpack and it’s clear the trip made a huge impression.

"NC State was real nice," said Davis. "Another thing is my dad really likes the coaches and he liked the fact they didn’t pressure me. I mean, they want me to come there but they told me to just enjoy my other visits. They were my first visit but I really think they may have a little more to offer as far as football and educational opportunities."

Another school that has really turned up the heat recently is South Carolina. Rick Stockstill is recruiting Davis for the Gamecocks and the senior ‘backer is looking forward to a visit to Columbia on Jan 7.

"Coach Stockstill has been calling me a lot," said Davis. "You know, the coaches don’t say anything negative about other schools and he was saying NC State was nice but for me to come up there and see what they had to offer and how I liked it.

"I talked to coach Spurrier about two weeks ago and I told him how much of an honor it was to get to talk to him. I told him I never thought I’d be in a position to talk to someone like him."

In addition to the Pack and Gamecocks, Davis also plans visits to Central Florida and South Florida before making a decision later in January.

For now, Davis says NC State has set the bar for all future official visits.

"I would say NC State definitely stands out right now," he said. "Since I’ve taken that visit I know I’ve got something to compare the other schools to. You know, at first I was wanting to stay close to home but really, NC State or South Carolina aren’t too far. The thing with NC State is they had the nation’s No. 1 defense and that reminded me of Mainland’s defense because we were the best around here. And then, meeting with the coaches just made me feel like I was at home."

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/335099.html

Looks like Darth Visor from South Carolina has won the battle.

Did he?

There was just mention today in the SC paper that he was still considering some schools, but it did not mention USF or UCF.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/high_school/10607224.htm

He was very high on the fact that Steve Spurrier paid him an in home visit.  The GCocks rivals site reported that he was extremely impressed with his visit.  

I wonder if we will re-sign Gene Coleman who is having a great year at Pearl River CC:

November 4, 2004

Junior college spotlight

The Clarion-Ledger

Gene Coleman

Sophomore

Linebacker

Pearl River

Most of the chatter about unbeaten Pearl River CC involves the Wildcats' offense, which averages some 440 yards and 40 points per game.

That prolific offense leaves the PRCC defense on the field a lot, and preseason All-America candidate Gene Coleman is one big reason the Wildcats' D has more than held its own.

The 6-foot-1, 250-pound linebacker from Lake Wales, Fla., has made 53 tackles, including 12.5 for losses and 5.5 sacks. He has forced three fumbles and recovered one.

He runs the 40 in the 4.6 range and plays with a mean streak.

"I coached against him in high school (at Haines City, Fla.)," said PRCC coach Tim Hatten. "I thought we might as well get him to play with us up here."

Coleman originally signed with South Florida, but Hatten said he expects Coleman to get a lot of other offers.

Coleman is expected to graduate in May.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041104/SPORTS030105/41104006/1025

Buchalter writes 1/16/05:

LB Gene Coleman (6-1/230), is expected to re-sign with USF  

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/other/orl-spt-recruit011605,0,1109758.column?coll=tf-other

By the way, Pearl River is NJCAA National Champions:

Sunday November 28, 2004

Pearl River pounds Butler for NJCAA championship

Wildcats undisputed national champions after convincing 35-14 romp over Grizzlies in Dalton Defenders Bowl in Coffeyville, Kan.

Coleman had 2 interceptions in the Championship game.

Then The River’s floodgates opened. Six minutes later, Wildcat linebacker Gene Coleman of Lake Wales, Fla., picked off his first of two interceptions in the game  his only two picks of the season  at the 45 and sped down to the six. Oliver hit Brackins with a TD pass on first down and St. John’s extra point gave the Wildcats the lead for good at 14-7 with 7:20 left in the half.

http://www.prcc.edu/2004archives/november/11-30-2004-01.html

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

how many years will he have left?

it'll be nice to have a BIG LB in the rotation.... its nice to have quick LB's but when they are all fast, smaller framed LB's you can get pushed around alot