• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

5 state of fla games in NBCs Top 25 to watch

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

The top 25 non-conference matchups of 2008

An early look at next season's likely pulse-pounders

11. Miami at Florida 9/6

16. Kansas at South Florida

21. Hawaii at Florida 8/30

22. South Florida at UCF 9/6

24. Colorado at Florida State 9/20

http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/site/nbcsports/menuitem.6f806e473b4cb158fb00ec22493c2d04/?vgnextoid=18c747a792a77110VgnVCM10000075c1d240RCRD&vgnextchannel=c4eb2f9ceb672110VgnVCM100000dc032c03RCRD&vgnextfmt=default&vgnextrefresh=1

I'm not sure if these matchups are that interesting.

1. Hawaii should be destroyed by UF.  They lost Jones and Brennan.  I don't think they could hang with UF even if they had them both.

2. File the UF game as something Miami recruiting does NOT need right now.  If UCF beats Miami and UF blows them out it will get ugly really quick in Coral Gables.

3. When I saw UCF vs. USF I figured it was outdated and I'd read "With Kevin Smith coming back..." - but if we couldn't beat you without him, I'm not sure what our chances are this year.  And that's me - I'm not sure how a reader with only a boxscore in front of him from last year would think any better.

As surprising as it is to see, I will actually argue that our chances are better this year than they were in 2007.  We were 0-3 when we were forced to throw this year (USF and MSU stuffed the run and ECU got a big lead late).  If Weatherford or Greco are good, we'll have the receivers and running backs in place to have a more balanced offense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

UCF will not beat Miami

Oh I forgot - Miami is your true team, right?

It's been a while since those facebook photos his this site.  Do you still have the Miami flag hanging in your dorm?  Or was it a sheet/pillow set?  I can't remember I just remember it was funny.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

2. File the UF game as something Miami recruiting does NOT need right now.  If UCF beats Miami and UF blows them out it will get ugly really quick in Coral Gables.

If UM looses to UCF things get real ugly regardless of a win or loss at UF.

3. When I saw UCF vs. USF I figured it was outdated and I'd read "With Kevin Smith coming back..." - but if we couldn't beat you without him, I'm not sure what our chances are this year.  And that's me - I'm not sure how a reader with only a boxscore in front of him from last year would think any better.

As surprising as it is to see, I will actually argue that our chances are better this year than they were in 2007.  We were 0-3 when we were forced to throw this year (USF and MSU stuffed the run and ECU got a big lead late).  If Weatherford or Greco are good, we'll have the receivers and running backs in place to have a more balanced offense.

UCF fans make that arguement every year.  Then after we beat them they make the arguement "Well if you had played us later/early/on any day but Saturday we would have smoked you.  That is not to say UCF doesn't have a chance, UCF absolutly has a chance to win this game, as do all 11 other opponents on our schedule.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

Oh I forgot - Miami is your true team, right?

It's been a while since those facebook photos his this site.  Do you still have the Miami flag hanging in your dorm?  Or was it a sheet/pillow set?  I can't remember I just remember it was funny.

yep Miami is my true team which is why I made it to all USF home games last year, as well as Auburn, FAU, and El Paso. I am a true Cane. Before I came to USF i was a diehard Cane. I still like them yes. If the game is on a day we have a bye I will go down to watch UCF get smoked. Hopefully the fins have a game that sunday.

What is the date of the UM beatdown?

• Content Count:  2,239

What is the date of the UM beatdown?

UM doesn't play FIU in 2008.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I would put on a Miami shirt for that, too.

Archived