• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure why USF fans bash CUSA basketball, they are 1-2 against them this year.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

We have to be considered a commuter school...around 38,000 on our campus and like 4600 can live on campus. I'd say people are commutting.

But Dawg, you were claiming your fans are strong and increasing but your admitting everyone leaves at half because you know your not going to scoree. What kind of fanbase is that? Sounds weak to me.

They may leave, but that also means they show up in the first place and consider how great the season has been, that's not bad.  Remember, these fans have endured a lot.  From a 17 game losing streak to going 4 consecutive games with 0 offensive points in the second half.  That cost UCF the game on multiple occasions where they could have won it.  At 4-7 going into the last game, the fans wanted to see the seniors play hard and go out with a bang.  Instead, it was a whimper and the fans were sending a message to the athletics brass.  A team talented enough to win the conference the year before should not be, well, this bad.

For the longest time, UCF was a commuter school.  While a large population live off campus(many in area apartments), UCF has worked hard to shed that image and has the most on campus housing in the state now.  I guess what also helps is how the school is built in that it's not interweaving with the city around it(like UF) but is almost like a city in itself.  I don't think USF is a commuter school anymore.  What might help is to continue replacing the old bunker buildings and making the campus more modern.  The new buildings look nice, but the old ones are eyesores.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

yea im pretty sure that is in the works. They are replacing the old ones with new bigger housing. We still do have tons of commuters though living in the surrounding area.

If they are sending a messsage, what is the message? Get rid of O'leary?

That should be the message being sent.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Congratulations on your basketball win tonight, even though recent history has suggested that it was a case of this:

blindsquirrel.jpg

• Content Count:  6

Thanks Jamie.  Funny reference.

It was a very fun game to be at night.  Felt good beating you guys in something other than some baseball games.  Haha.  Was this the last game in the series?

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

yea im pretty sure that is in the works. They are replacing the old ones with new bigger housing. We still do have tons of commuters though living in the surrounding area.

If they are sending a messsage, what is the message? Get rid of O'leary?

That should be the message being sent.

A lot of people want him out.  He's not going anywhere though.  I'd be happy with an offensive coaching overhaul.

• Content Count:  15

saw howard walking around campus the other day strutting like he was the bomb. i should have mentioned to him how he is a below average guard at best.

i wonder if ucf fans rush the court since this will likely be their biggest win of the year

They deserve it because they are the reason ucf is playing the way they are.

rushing the court against a team that won 12 games last year is pathetic and shows how sad the athletics programs are at ucf

my new prediction for usf is to win maybe 12 games, 13 at best

Nobody rushed the court after the win, not sure what game you were watching.

Biggest win of the year?  Not USF.  New Mexico in the Pit breaking their 33-game OOC home winning streak was our biggest win of the season.

UCF only win 10 games?  You guys are really underestimating the team you just lost to.  Remember, you took a good UAB team to OT a few days ago also.

Guys, I hate to break it to you but ucf played New Mexico, a much more legit basketball team than USF.  They also play Florida, Memphis, Penn, UAB and Houston, all real basketball programs when compared to USF.  They may hate USF, but USF is hardly a basketball anything.

All here we go... the parade of ucf fans infected our bullspen borad, our blogs, and the national sites as well. Well go ahead and get your 15 minutes of fame for beating a bulls team still in it's lava stage.

I guess it is true that the sun even shines on a dog's *** occasionally.

Man, UCF is playing 8 freshman.  That is the definition of a rebuilding team.  Can't use that as an excuse, assuming "lava stage" was meant to be "larva stage". 

Guys, I hate to break it to you but ucf played New Mexico, a much more legit basketball team than USF.  They also play Florida, Memphis, Penn, UAB and Houston, all real basketball programs when compared to USF.  They may hate USF, but USF is hardly a basketball anything.

All here we go... the parade of ucf fans infected our bullspen borad, our blogs, and the national sites as well. Well go ahead and get your 15 minutes of fame for beating a bulls team still in it's lava stage.

I guess it is true that the sun even shines on a dog's *** occasionally.

LOL....so just because I like to read msg board chatter it means im infected with usf?  You guys are the ones with hardons with ucf with your retarded posts of ucf msg board topics.  Please, do me and favor and take our nuts out of your mouth!

And to address other posts..

This is not our most important game of the year...obviously those games are uf and memphis

We didnt rush the court

This game was the second highest attended game for now....our memphis game will beat our current record

Its funny seeing people post how our atmosphere was "too much" for a lowly usf game yet everyone cries about the lack of people at your own games

So please keep our name out of your mouth and worry about your own schools shortcomings

pretty sad you took the time to register to post garbage. looking at how that student section was acting like it was the national championship game, i highly doubt the memphis game will have the same attitude. most of the idiots that attend ucf know nothing about sports and saw that ucf was playing usf, your "rival", and decided to go to the game, even if they knew nothing about basketball. and the games you mention as your most important, well buddy, you guys will probably get creamed so dont get your hopes up

Yeah a potentially top 25 memphis team will have a lesser game atmosphere than the doormat of the big east..I want the crack your smoking.

I like how you throw out the word "rival" as to why the students showed up...not the fact it was heavily marketed the last 2 weeks, not the fact that its a saturday night before exam week, not the fact that we got free shirts or the fact that we havent had a home game in like 2 weeks.  

Whats wrong with a student section that cheers on our team?  I think the student atmosphere was better in last years 3 OT win vs tulsa.

Instead of explaining why your fairweather fan base doesnt show up to your BIG EAST BASKETBALLL TEAM's games you once again knock our fan base for showing up and being loud.

And yes we probably might get creamed, but at least our fans will still show up including the drive to Jacksonville.

And no I registered and posted 1 thing like a month ago but it was deleted

That is true.  The game against Tulsa was better attended and had more energy than tonight, because our fans "who don't know anything about sports" understood the significance of the conference matchup.

Guess getting beat AND realizing UCF knows how to support its teams = adding insult to injury.  As noted, there is a reason Clanton chose to play at UCF over a Big East team...

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

ucIFers are getting their fame in at 2am on a USF site.  Not shocking, really.

What a joke.  I swear they get off on the smallest things in sports.