• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

As if we had enough of the soap opera called Ben Moffitt's life

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I wuold hesitate to call her a liar.  In divorces the truth lies somewhere in between.  He was by all accounts a good family man until sometime in November something happened and his wife started with these accusations.  I am sure she typed some papers for him, I doubt very much she did them.  None of this paints either of them in a good light.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I wuold hesitate to call her a liar.  In divorces the truth lies somewhere in between.  He was by all accounts a good family man until sometime in November something happened and his wife started with these accusations.  I am sure she typed some papers for him, I doubt very much she did them.  None of this paints either of them in a good light.

No but "typing a few papers for him" and stating outright that he's "never written a paper in his time at USF... ever" are two drastically different things.

Shauna:  He doesn't see the kids.

Truth:  He tries to but Shauna won't let him.

Shauna:  He doesn't help out at all.

Truth:  He takes out loans to help keep the groceries in the cupboards and the cars paid for.

Shauna:  He's never written a paper at USF.  Ever.

Truth:  His professors have expressed no concern at his performance.

Sounds like a liar to me.  And I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but her spouting off on TV and in the papers holds far less credence than receipts and financial evidence offered over by Ben.

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Sanjay has the right idea.  _EI, you're very quick to take what Ben says as the absolute truth.  Others are quick to jump on the Shauna wagon.  As said before, it's he said/she said.  Ben has struck back against the financial story Shauna gave but has yet to comment on the academic side.

While still early, I don't think it's in Ben's or USF's interest to take the Mark McGwire approach.  He should eventually comment.

Sanjay has the right idea.  _EI, you're very quick to take what Ben says as the absolute truth.  Others are quick to jump on the Shauna wagon.  As said before, it's he said/she said.  Ben has struck back against the financial story Shauna gave but has yet to comment on the academic side.

While still early, I don't think it's in Ben's or USF's interest to take the Mark McGwire approach.  He should eventually comment.

Shauna's been proven wrong on the:

1.  Seeing the kids story

2.  Financial story

What's outstanding is the:

3.  Academic story

When two of her three claims have been proven false, I'm pretty comfortable assuming her third isn't going to be 100% what she said it is.

Maybe he's not commenting because he's letting the courts do what they're supposed to do and not dragging his family into the muck like his Ex had no problem doing.

If I were either of their attorneys I would control what they say in the media.  What she has said already is great stuff for a deposition.  The fact that he attorney withdrew means 1. Not getting paid (usually in divorce cases the primary breadwinner pays for both sets if ifnancially able, and in ben's case he would be by May) 2. A client who who won't follow your advice  3. Conflict of interest.

No but "typing a few papers for him" and stating outright that he's "never written a paper in his time at USF... ever" are two drastically different things.

Shauna:  He doesn't see the kids.

Truth:  He tries to but Shauna won't let him.

Shauna:  He doesn't help out at all.

Truth:  He takes out loans to help keep the groceries in the cupboards and the cars paid for.

Shauna:  He's never written a paper at USF.  Ever.

Truth:  His professors have expressed no concern at his performance.

Sounds like a liar to me.  And I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but her spouting off on TV and in the papers holds far less credence than receipts and financial evidence offered over by Ben.

Let me borrow from some divorces I know about:

Husband wants to see the kids, but shows up unannounced at odd hours and wants the kids.  When wife says "hey they're in bed" etc. he gets upset because "she won't let him see the kids."

Husband has poor credit and buys a car they can't afford in wife's name.  Wife can't make payments, but husband borrows from family to make payments on what is essentially his own car.

_EI, the truth is somewhere in between.  We will see how the court process shakes out.

Husband wants to see the kids, but shows up unannounced at odd hours and wants the kids.  When wife says "hey they're in bed" etc. he gets upset because "she won't let him see the kids."

Fair enough, but given Ben's all-day USF schedule over the past few years, I'm sure Shauna's well aware of when he can and can't see the kids.

Husband has poor credit and buys a car they can't afford in wife's name.  Wife can't make payments, but husband borrows from family to make payments on what is essentially his own car.

So now Ben has bad credit too?  Geez, he can't get a break from you guys!  FYI, Greg's article says the car he made the payment on is a Chevy Colorado truck.  Ben drives a Toyota Yaris, per multiple news stories this year.

_EI, the truth is somewhere in between.  We will see how the court process shakes out.

Indeed.  But from all appearances as of late, the truth is falling far closer to Ben's side.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Sanjay has the right idea.  _EI, you're very quick to take what Ben says as the absolute truth.  Others are quick to jump on the Shauna wagon.  As said before, it's he said/she said.

Actually, it's not a he said/she said any longer:

Ben Moffitt provided the court with receipts that show $900 in cash deposits to the family's joint checking account, a $270 payment on the family's Chevy Colorado, as well as a $140 grocery run Nov. 28. Shauna had accused him of not doing "anything" to financially support his wife and two young children since leaving them Nov. 11.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/15/Sports/Moffitt_tells_court_h.shtml

Ben has struck back against the financial story Shauna gave but has yet to comment on the academic side.

While still early, I don't think it's in Ben's or USF's interest to take the Mark McGwire approach.  He should eventually comment.

In the overall scheme of things, the academic side is a minor part when considering what's at stake for the family. There's no pressing need to address it now.

Fair enough, but given Ben's all-day USF schedule over the past few years, I'm sure Shauna's well aware of when he can and can't see the kids.

So now Ben has bad credit too?  Geez, he can't get a break from you guys!  FYI, Greg's article says the car he made the payment on is a Chevy Colorado truck.  Ben drives a Toyota Yaris, per multiple news stories this year.

Indeed.  But from all appearances as of late, the truth is falling far closer to Ben's side.

Dude, They were examples of other divorces.

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Sanjay has the right idea.  _EI, you're very quick to take what Ben says as the absolute truth.  Others are quick to jump on the Shauna wagon.  As said before, it's he said/she said.

Actually, it's not a he said/she said any longer:

Ben Moffitt provided the court with receipts that show $900 in cash deposits to the family's joint checking account, a $270 payment on the family's Chevy Colorado, as well as a $140 grocery run Nov. 28. Shauna had accused him of not doing "anything" to financially support his wife and two young children since leaving them Nov. 11.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/15/Sports/Moffitt_tells_court_h.shtml

Ben has struck back against the financial story Shauna gave but has yet to comment on the academic side.

In the overall scheme of things, the academic side is a minor part when considering what's at stake for the family. There's no pressing need to address it now.

Ben presenting those documents really helps his case against her.  However, I would expect him to get all three issues out of the way quickly and not let things drag on.  I've never been through divorce court, so I don't know the process.

Archived