• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF v. WVU > Bucs v. Giants

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I grew up a Bucs fan, and went to USF before there was a team (c/o 96).  I never was a huge fan of any of the state teams, but cheered for Notre Dame.  I went to Buc games and always had a good time, but all those games were pre-Bulls football.  I became a season ticket holder 4 years ago, when I moved back to the West Coast of Florida, and have had a great time, even when it was just me and 18,000 of my friends.  Like many of you I was fortunate to be there when we knocked off WVU this year.  Well I went to the Bucs playoff game this past weekend and wow, I had a good time with my friends, but the game and atmosphere were lacking.  No one stood, very little cheering (even when there was something to cheer for), I missed the band and all the stuff that happens at Bulls games.  The experiences were not even comparable. 

I am sure that there are some that prefer the NFL experience, but I have now confirmed what I have suspected, I love the Bulls and everything else I can watch on TV.  Sorry for the long post, but I am sure there are others who feel the same.

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

USF vs WVA probably 95% Bulls fans.

Bucs vs Giants probably about 65% Bucs fans. 

could have been a factor

• Content Count:  5,241

I think there's a big difference between NFL and College football crowds, here's a few:

In the NFL, you pay bunch more for tickets, where NCAA games are cheaper to get into.

In College football, your connection to the team is so much greater (for alums and students) because they are representing an institution you've invested in.

In the NFL, the only real connection with the team for most fans is they are located in the geographic region where you live.

• Content Count:  172

I think there's a big difference between NFL and College football crowds, here's a few:

In the NFL, you pay bunch more for tickets, where NCAA games are cheaper to get into.

In College football, your connection to the team is so much greater (for alums and students) because they are representing an institution you've invested in.

In the NFL, the only real connection with the team for most fans is they are located in the geographic region where you live.

Also in college players play for the name on the front of the jersey, in the pros they play for the name on the back. Heck some colleges do not even put names on the back. I wish we would remove them. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

College tickets cheaper? Maybe for USF, but most big schools the boosters throw out 10,000+ just to get the right to purchase tix.

I think it is more the student sections than ticket prices.

NFL games have always had a stale atmosphere compared to the college game

• Content Count:  500

Where were you club level? My section stood the entire game except for maybe 4 or 5 plays, up until late in the 4th. I thought the noise level was just as loud as the WVU game early, but it died down as the Bucs did.

Not to many fights. A drunk Buc was yelling at 2 female giants fans for holding up a sign, and a few sections from mine a buc fan was on the bottom end of a stomping, a Giant fan and his wonderful g/f were two stepping on his face. His jersey was torn in half similar to Hulk Hogans tee.

Big Blue is undefeated when im in attendance! Time to take down Tony Homo.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Until the WVU game, the best experience I had had was at a Bucs playoff game when Dungy was coach (vs. Detroit).  We had a blast tailgating and the crowd was awesome - nearly 90% bucs fans.  I was a USF tix holder at the time but the atmosphere was just not the same thing.

The WVU game was teh best I had ever attended.  The single best sporting experience I have ever been a part of.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Where were you club level? My section stood the entire game except for maybe 4 or 5 plays, up until late in the 4th. I thought the noise level was just as loud as the WVU game early, but it died down as the Bucs did.

Not to many fights. A drunk Buc was yelling at 2 female giants fans for holding up a sign, and a few sections from mine a buc fan was on the bottom end of a stomping, a Giant fan and his wonderful g/f were two stepping on his face. His jersey was torn in half similar to Hulk Hogans tee.

Big Blue is undefeated when im in attendance! Time to take down Tony Homo.

Section 204, which was right outside the Club seats on the West Side.  No one stood in my section or any of the club seats.  We stood for the whole WVU game on the east side in section 136.

• Content Count:  416

Oh come on this had to be the most tepid Bucs playoff team ever, we've had more excitement playing at philly in the first round than playing NY this year. Did anyone honestly believe the Bucs were going anywhere this year. The WVU game was electrifying and I can't think of a Bucs game I've attended that compared  but you can't compare the momentum each team was bringing into the two games.

Archived