• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USC manhandling Illinois > Orgeon whipping USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

In one of the plethora of threads on this forum, I saw someone say that no one else would suffer this year.

Well, that is why they play the games my friend.

Ron Zook had a great season.  People were talking about Illinois as a contender next year... After all, they made it to the Rose Bowl and beat Ohio State... big things were expected.

They have been manhandled all game.  It's 42-10 just after the start of the 4th quarter.  And the game isn't even THAT close.

I would venture to say that the hit USF took by getting beat by 35 points is not as bad as the hit Illinois is taking right now... at least USF's wasn't on a holiday, in a major bowl, one that every college fan would be watching.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

In one of the plethora of threads on this forum, I saw someone say that no one else would suffer this year.

Well, that is why they play the games my friend.

Ron Zook had a great season.  People were talking about Illinois as a contender next year... After all, they made it to the Rose Bowl and beat Ohio State... big things were expected.

They have been manhandled all game.  It's 42-10 just after the start of the 4th quarter.  And the game isn't even THAT close.

I would venture to say that the hit USF took by getting beat by 35 points is not as bad as the hit Illinois is taking right now... at least USF's wasn't on a holiday, in a major bowl, one that every college fan would be watching.

people expected Illinois to get beat bad though

• Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

Y'know Jim, I was just getting ready to make a thread about this same thing when I looked up from my laptop and realized that Illinois is losing by 32... :)

Hey, any chance we can get Zook to join the staff as recruiting coordinator? ;D

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Amen. A lot more fans will remember the Rose Bowl than the SUN BOWL. The BIG TEN has been taken major hits during these past two years as Michigan, Ohio St, and now Illinois have been blown out big time. It is really sad as you watch this with two BIG TEN fans doing the TV for this game because they seem embarrased for the BIG10. I still dont know how UF lost to Michigan. That in itself is pretty embarrassing as UF was favored, and they basically lost that game in their back yard with all the fan support. USF has nothing to be ashamed of as we will have much better days ahead of us.

I know it's WAY early... but Georgia is manhandling Hawaii... if this keeps up it could hurt the Warriors much more than Oregon beating USF hurts the Bulls...

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I will add that Boise St lost to ECU in the bowl game this season. As you know, Boise St build up a good rep by beating Oklahoma last season. The Broncos took a big hit by losing to ECU (A team that USF beat last season in the bowl game). USF will be fine as we will get stronger and learn from this. To me, it is not about reps. It is about championships. Next season, USF will be a a favorite for the BIG EAST title, so I dont care what our rep looks like as long as we win that BIG EAST title next season. 

Archived