• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shut the F Up and Go Away

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  0

Since Smazza started it, I will finish it with WVA. 

Any respect we got for beating them evaporated when they dropped their pants to Pitt.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  742

The only way there is a hangover from the loss is if they do not learn from it. Every program has at least one game like this. For God's sake it happens just about every week in college and the NFL. You learn from it, use it as motivation and move on.

That is what people that excel in their profession (football, baseball, sales, accounting, doctor, etc).

• Content Count:  645

Donno - were you in El Paso for the game? I am still stuck in El Paso, having breakfast with Oregon fans who are kind of enough to tell us that their 3rd and 4th strings ( didn't know teams had 4th strings ) were playing much of the second half.

And yes, a bowl game does matter.

While they did beat us, I doubt that the statement is true.  I know for a fact that their starting defense was in.  Unless their 3rd and 4th strings had the same jersey numbers!  Remember the game didn't really get out of hand until the 3rd quarter.

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Smazza,

the sun bowl result will not go away and will be referred to all next year

You are right on this one, we will have to hear about this lost for an entire year, painful.

I am not sure.  I think next year is a new year and if they can do something with their offense they can get it going again.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We'll hear about the Sun Bowl, for sure.  If we'd have lost by 1 or 2 scores, probably not.  But we took it long and hard in the poop chute and we won't escape this for at least one full season.

• Content Count:  148

It is a bowl game and it doesn't matter

Okay.... it was our Non-conference win against Auburn that put us in line to break the top 25 this year and next year Kansas will probably be the team to get us back in.  Arguably, bowl games are really the only way to see if teams play in equal or tougher conferences, which directly equates to which teams should be ranked higher....Yeah, this was by far NOT an insignificant game!!  On the flip side, a very important game, the earth doesn't end in the Big East conference. 

Not to mention to, that it wasn't even a loss, it was an oblitheration!!  It reminded me of the second half @ Alabama 3 or 4 years ago when the clock was not moving faster than Bama's scoring and you could just feel the exhaustion of our defense. 

How does the BE get the respect it deserves with a loss like this, fortunately Cincy won, but Uconn lost, we got hammered and now lets hope WVU miraculously wins and Rutgers wins.  As much as we should worry about ourselves and our conference, perceptions of the Big East are important and we had a golden opportunity that we REALLY need to learn from. 

I don't ever want the BE to be looked at ike the WeAC, where even if your undefeated, the highest you get to is Number 10 in the BCS, because there is no respect for that conference. 

Archived