• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"The Big EAst is tougher than the Big 10" -Dennis Dodd

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Yea Mike the BE has great parity but a BE team only has to win seven conference games to go undefeated in the conference.  All the other BCS conferences have to win eight to nine games for a guaranteed trip to BCS land.  IMO ACC, SEC, PAC10 and Big12 all has as much parity in the top half as the BE.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

if they deserve to be in the NC-- they will win those games somehow

Pitt kind of exposed WVU just like we did. Not that they wouldn't have been able to beat down OSU-- but LSU would be the one sitting home and they would be a stiff challenge for WVU. LSU should walk all over OSU imo

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when big east teams start playing big ten teams and beating them on the road i will buy into this

until then i think big ten  is still tougher place to play

usf cant handle ru/uconn on road and has lost to other big eas teams on the road

big ten would be quite the challenge

They've been doing it for decades knucklehead...look at Pitt's history for once, Da Cuse too.  Just because it hasn't happened as much the past three years since USF joined doesn't mean the BE hasn't been playing meaningful football before hand.  Hell since we arrived Pitt has beaten MSU once, Uconn IU, and RU beat Illini...

BIG EAST was bottom feeding

i Am talking real football against real teams and you comeback with the 3 of the worse teams in big ten at the respective time they played big east

yeah knucklehead

USF will get it's fair share of Big Ten matchups with home and homes scheduled with Indiana and Michigan State. And before you tell me those are bottom feeders steve-- they both are bowl teams this year.

Not exactly playing in the big house but a decent set of teams.

Why do you always want to discount the Big East and bash them for anything you can? What is your big gripe with the big east? I feel the conference has done some pretty credible things since the shocking defections of Miami, BC, and VaTech.

being a bowl team isnt that impressive

why dont we revisit this when usf actually plays either team

the big east is what it is?    great basketball conference;not so great football conference.

havent you even seen  big east conference OOC schedules?

just stating the facts

when was last time post miami big east played for NC?

why do you deny the obvious?

Yea Mike the BE has great parity but a BE team only has to win seven conference games to go undefeated in the conference.  All the other BCS conferences have to win eight to nine games for a guaranteed trip to BCS land.  IMO ACC, SEC, PAC10 and Big12 all has as much parity in the top half as the BE.

apart from that very obvious fact

big east top  teams dont play tough opponents

wv's schedule  and uconn's OOC is embarassing

|

USF was officially FOURTH in the BEast, and we beat 3 conference champs. Pitt has a tough D and All-BEast running back in LeSean McCoy. WVU has White/Slaton. Rutgers Ray Rice, Britt, Underwood. Louisville Brian Brohm. Cinci had Mauk and Nakamura on D. UConn just a well-rounded fundamental team. 

u can lose any of those games.  the talent is spread around well in the Big East.

i'll take a schedule with pissants like Northwestern, Iowa, Wisconsin and then one tough matchup with Michigan or OSU at the end over games against WVU, Cinci, Rutgers and USF.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

How many No. 2s lost in the BCS this season.  Taking care of business is easier said than done.  That's why the games are played.  Our Bulls have matched the most wins in a season.  They are going to the secondest oldest bowl game in college football against a BCS team.  A win probably gets them ranked in the first AP and USA/Today polls next season.  And the Bulls will probably have three first day draft picks.  If only a NC satisfies your Bull fanatacism, you are going to have a rough ride as a fan.  This program has been playing at the top level of football for three seasons (D1A - BCS).  Our team doesn't even have a complete five seasons of recruiting the states best athletes as a BCS contender.  So please, dial it back it bit bro.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

its not about parity in the top half.

its about parity top to bottom.

the SEC, ACC, Big XII, etc. may have parity "in the top half," but teams in those conferences dont play ALL of those teams. sometimes they get weak in-conference schedules that include only one tough matchup... just look at Kansas.

the Big East, on the other hand, MUST play ALL teams in the league every year.  there are no Kansases here that get to play nobody until the last game of the regular season (and Mizzou is usually a nobody as well).

there are 8 teams in the BEast, 6 of them have been ranked in the Top 20 and 7 of them can beat anybody else on any given week.

explain to me how a schedule with 6 potential Top 20 teams on it is "the easiest road to the NC"

::)

when big east teams start playing big ten teams and beating them on the road i will buy into this

until then i think big ten  is still tougher place to play

usf cant handle ru/uconn on road and has lost to other big eas teams on the road

big ten would be quite the challenge

They've been doing it for decades knucklehead...look at Pitt's history for once, Da Cuse too.  Just because it hasn't happened as much the past three years since USF joined doesn't mean the BE hasn't been playing meaningful football before hand.  Hell since we arrived Pitt has beaten MSU once, Uconn IU, and RU beat Illini...

BIG EAST was bottom feeding

i Am talking real football against real teams and you comeback with the 3 of the worse teams in big ten at the respective time they played big east

yeah knucklehead

USF will get it's fair share of Big Ten matchups with home and homes scheduled with Indiana and Michigan State. And before you tell me those are bottom feeders steve-- they both are bowl teams this year.

Not exactly playing in the big house but a decent set of teams.

Why do you always want to discount the Big East and bash them for anything you can? What is your big gripe with the big east? I feel the conference has done some pretty credible things since the shocking defections of Miami, BC, and VaTech.

the big east is what it is?    great basketball conference;not so great football conference.

just stating the facts

why do deny that the only reason WVU isn't playing for a NC this year is because they lost to a team you consider a bottom feeder in the Big East?

Also-- to be a bowl team-- you pretty much are one of the top 60 or so teams. Sorry Steve-- but NO ONE plays a difficult enough schedule for your needs. Not even USC. Defend that.

So the BE hasn't played for the NC since the disruption-- so what? Has every other single BCS conference played for the NC in that period of time? Look it up yourself. YOu might learn something. As far as I am concerned--- this has nothing to do with USF. Our schedule is plenty tough despite your opinion. That has been demostrated repeatedly by the SOS rankings. Too bad if you don't use that system and talk about USC like it is god's gift to football in spite of playing one of the weaker schedules in the country year after year.

what a joke-- you keep spouting off this "logic" like you know what you are talking about when clearly you have no clue what it takes to win a NC. It takes a fairly tough schedule, a lot of wins, some pre-season opinionthat you are one of the better teams so you start high enough in the rankings, and a little luck. Just because USF shot itself in the foot-- that doesn't mean we haven't been setting ourselves up properly to contend.

But please-- continue to whine that USF needs a better schedule-- it isn't getting old. Neither is your little barb every chance you can slide it in of "usf lost to ru, uconn, and cinncy".

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

depends on the bowl, doesn't it?  besides, even if its not "impressive" by the almighty smazza's standards, the payout is nice.  ;D

ask teams like South Carolina or Louisville if they wouldn't like to be where USF is.

ok.

Big East was ranked 2nd toughest FOOTBALL conference this year by Sagarin.

6 of 8 teams were Top 20 at one point.  4 of 8 were Top 10.  2 of 8 were Top 2.

when 75% of your conference rotates in and out of the Top 20, i'd say it's a pretty **** league, wouldn't u?

(that's a rhetorical question, because your opinion is worthless anyway).

yes.  and every BEast team plays a BCS opponent.

Auburn, Kentucky, Miss State, Virginia, Mich State, Maryland, Oregon State...  and most of those have either been ranked or received votes.

how do u like Ohio State's OOC?  Kent, Akron, Washington?

how about Oklahoma's OOC? Tulsa, NTexas and the epic of all showdowns with Miami!!

or how about USC's marquee OOC matchups :::drumroll:::  Nebraska and Notre Dame!!!

BEast OOC's are no less difficult than the top schools in other top conferences.

just stating the facts

no, you're just babbling inanities.

its been 3 years since the realignment.  not quite a shocker.

and since Miami is your "standard" of judgment, it just so happens the ACC is the only other conference not to make an NC bid since the realignment.  go figure.

its not our fault the media perception of the Big East is skewed to where 1-loss BE teams dont even get consideration (see: Louisville 2006) while garbage Big 10 and SEC teams too.

i dont know smazza, why do u?

nice post except you gave him exactly what he wants--- #1 attention #2 some facts he can dispute while completely ignoring all your salient points.

He will jump all over the foes for USC and OU-- because he will base on historical record that those opponents have typiclly been tough and/or are longstanding rivalries. Then he will argue about the "garbage Big 10 and SEC teams" portion -- which to be fair is a bit shakey anyway.

smazza will never bring up things that he knows cannot be argued correctlyunless he wants to play the "sticking to my guns with more babbling nonsense" card. He's a lawyer-- he won't help make your case for you and will NEVER--- I repeat-- NEVER admit that he is wrong about anything or that you make some good points yourself.

He will conclude the retort with something derogatory about you -- a personal-albeit-flawed attack on your character or somehow make it that you are attacking him.

It's like pissing into a fan buddy-- I know it's hard to resist responding to him though-- as seen by my own reply.

Archived