• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gator Bowl ticket sales are doing terrible!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

they could take USF next year if we don't win the BE or take WVU if we do win it. Either way-- they can get find a good team to fill the stadium from the BE. Notre Dame being good again soon? Not holding my breath on that.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I just hope that the Gator Bowl drops the stupid BIG12 deal and sticks with the B16EAST. I dont see the Gator Bowl getting the SEC or BIG11 to play in their game.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Gator Bowl doing bad would be awful. The first thing they would do is blame the BE, and start looking for more ways to push us out of the picture.

In 2010 they might make a run at the SEC or Big 10, the bowl game has struggled and neither the ACC or Big East has done well filling it.

When the BE allowed the Big 12 option they lost their exclusive right to that game, and without a marque traveling team outside of WVU its gonna be tough to get it back.

PS- The GB is going to make a run at the SEC next contract, they are on the SEC network (CBS) now and know the SEC will bring em in droves

I dont see the SEC making a run at the Gator Bowl. If they do, it may be the 6th place team. The B16EAST would just take the SEC's spot in the Liberty Bowl if that happens. I see the Liberty Bowl making a run at upgrading also.  Also, the B16EAST has done its share to help the GatorBowl, and I would not mind if the B16EAST cuts ties with them seeing that the GatorBowl has not treated the B16EAST with the proper respect. Both WVU and UL have brought more fans than the ACC, and they still cant see that in their eyes that some B16EAST schools travel well. Virginia, Georgia Tech, and Va Tech have been embarrasements for the Gator Bowl the last three years.

We'll see, but I don't believe you'll see the Big East get full rights to the Gator Bowl back.

PS - VT brought double what Louisville brought in 06, which prompted the Big 12 agreement to begin with.

Joe,

You are wrong in that VA Tech didnt bring double of what UL brought in 2006. You are thinking about the ACC championship game in where VA TECH brought a lot of fans to Jax against FSU. Va Tech fans had a poorer turnout for the Gator Bowl as they didnt have fans that wanted to go back to Jax twice. UL did pretty awesome with the attendence. If you watched the game, you would have noticed that most of the stadium was fans wearing red. So, the BIG EAST has basically done better than both Ga Tech and Va Tech the last few years. In fact, the ACC shuffled the Gator bowl to the 3rd selection due to the ACC Title game that was in Jax. It hurt their atttendence, so they now send the #2 to the Peach Bowl.

Joe,

Also, the BIG12 agreement with the GATORBOWL was done before UL was in the BIG EAST. It was done during the last bowl contracts. The BIG EAST almost lost the GatorBowl all together because VT, Miami, and BC left the BIG EAST. If not by some smart moves by the BIG EAST, we wouldnt even have what we do know. I think the BIG12 arragement has blown up in their face as they more than likely wont get ND in the next few years.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I hope their Bowl Game is a COMPLETE FAILURE! They just prove that bowl committees are nothing but greedy old geezers wanting as much money as possible (Notre Dame). I freaking hate Notre Dame and every fan of theirs. 

just like young  guys

they want to make as much money as possible

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The Gator Bowl doing bad would be awful. The first thing they would do is blame the BE, and start looking for more ways to push us out of the picture.

In 2010 they might make a run at the SEC or Big 10, the bowl game has struggled and neither the ACC or Big East has done well filling it.

When the BE allowed the Big 12 option they lost their exclusive right to that game, and without a marque traveling team outside of WVU its gonna be tough to get it back.

why would they blame big east for their failure

Archived