• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New England Patriots - The Greatest Pro Sports Team In Human History

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I've seen Jake Long play and I wouldn't go THAT far. 

Ive saw both play quite a bit and they are very much the same caliber.  Your patriots bias and want for the dolphins to suck is coming into play here. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

It might not be likely (51% chance or better), but based on what I've seen, a #1 pick isn't going to instantly correct anything.  If Ronnie Brown is healthy, that could have made a difference.  If you had Trent Green healthy, that might have made a difference, but they aren't and now the Beck era is here.  So many questions... it is at least plausible that they would break the record.

Hmmm, I will give them a 49% chance of breaking the Buc's record, while they are awful this year they still have a bunch of NFL All-Stars on their roster that will hopefully sooner then later step up and do what we pay them to do. Also you have to consider the injuries we have suffered this year; the Dolphins have lost 4 safeties, 2 running backs, and 1 quarterback this year to season ending injuries, and don't forget that in their places we have started a mess of rookies and underachievers that are struggling.

I think we will pull at least 1 win out of the hat this year, maybe this week against the Bills, I don't think we will beat the Pat's, but hey you never know stranger things have happened.

Regarding Beck, he is very good considering the crap he has to throw to, him and the O-Line this year is the only bright spot to look forward to. The Miami / New England trade that sent Welker over to your side gave us a very good center that we have been lacking since Rudy left.

He will also get better next year with the picks / trades we will get via the #1 Draft Pick. Now the Dolphins won't use the pick but will instead trade to another team for a bunch of picks, and a player or two. The Fins need some DB's, WR's, and a good TE, we should be able to get most of that with a number one pick.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It might not be likely (51% chance or better), but based on what I've seen, a #1 pick isn't going to instantly correct anything.  If Ronnie Brown is healthy, that could have made a difference.  If you had Trent Green healthy, that might have made a difference, but they aren't and now the Beck era is here.  So many questions... it is at least plausible that they would break the record.

Hmmm, I will give them a 49% chance of breaking the Buc's record, while they are awful this year they still have a bunch of NFL All-Stars on their roster that will hopefully sooner then later step up and do what we pay them to do. Also you have to consider the injuries we have suffered this year; the Dolphins have lost 4 safeties, 2 running backs, and 1 quarterback this year to season ending injuries, and don't forget that in their places we have started a mess of rookies and underachievers that are struggling.

I think we will pull at least 1 win out of the hat this year, maybe this week against the Bills, I don't think we will beat the Pat's, but hey you never know stranger things have happened.

Regarding Beck, he is very good considering the crap he has to throw to, him and the O-Line this year is the only bright spot to look forward to. The Miami / New England trade that sent Welker over to your side gave us a very good center that we have been lacking since Rudy left.

He will also get better next year with the picks / trades we will get via the #1 Draft Pick. Now the Dolphins won't use the pick but will instead trade to another team for a bunch of picks, and a player or two. The Fins need some DB's, WR's, and a good TE, we should be able to get most of that with a number one pick.

The offensive line has only been good when it's run blocking.  The pass protection is still VERY VERY BAD. 

• Content Count:  1,238

they still have a bunch of NFL All-Stars on their roster that will hopefully sooner then later step up and do what we pay them to do. 

Think about it...

You're asking "NFL All-Stars" on a team riddled with injuries and a losing record to step up and carry the team

They are not going to risk getting injured themselves (and for what) and are probably waiting for the end of the season to see what deal they can get out of being traded or what not  ;)

The offensive line has only been good when it's run blocking.  The pass protection is still VERY VERY BAD.

Yeah but they are better then years past, especially last years squad. They still stink at the pass rush but could have been worse, I hope the shake up this week fixes the gaps in the pass protection. Cam is doing chest pounding over this backup rookie and how well he is doing in practice against one of the worst defenses in the league this year.

they still have a bunch of NFL All-Stars on their roster that will hopefully sooner then later step up and do what we pay them to do. 

Think about it...

You're asking "NFL All-Stars" on a team riddled with injuries and a losing record to step up and carry the team

They are not going to risk getting injured themselves (and for what) and are probably waiting for the end of the season to see what deal they can get out of being traded or what not  ;)

Well I did not mean for them to "carry the team" but instead make the plays they should. You hit the nail on the head about the "waiting part" I know Porter is playing soft with the hope of getting traded back to Pitt or elsewhere.

• Content Count:  1,238

Think about it...

Well I did not mean for them to "carry the team" but instead make the plays they should. You hit the nail on the head about the "waiting part" I know Porter is playing soft with the hope of getting traded back to Pitt or elsewhere.

This is a perfect example of why I get into college games and not the pros. Once they get the big paychecks they tend to take it more easy and take less risks. Don't get me wrong, I would do the same in their shoes but then I would still be watching college football during my time off.  :D

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

agreed College sports > Pro Sports

ditto, college is way better then the pros  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III