• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who does the profit for the travel packages go to?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  134
  • Days Won:  0

I am interested to know who the profit for the travel packages goes to?  USF or Travel company?

Another question I have is how much does a charter flight cost?  Seems like the travel packages are charging about $1200.00 per seat.  Anybody know how many seats on the plane?  At 200 seats thats $240,000.

• Content Count:  5,241

the hotel and Im betting that private charter flight aint no black friday sale either.

• Content Count:  1,158

Hey everyone:

Trust me when I say that we do not make a penny off these packages.  We know they aren't what most people were hoping for but it is the best we can do.  You have to remember we are going to contract on a plane that if we don't fill it we lose money on it and have to pay for it anyways.  When we first started we thought we'd be able to have comparable prices and as the quotes started coming in we where a bit surprised.  There is obviously a high demand for charter flights this time of year as we aren't the only university going to a bowl game.

I hope you guys can understand that and know we did our best.  Thanks.

Eric

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Hey everyone:

Trust me when I say that we do not make a penny off these packages.  We know they aren't what most people were hoping for but it is the best we can do.  You have to remember we are going to contract on a plane that if we don't fill it we lose money on it and have to pay for it anyways.  When we first started we thought we'd be able to have comparable prices and as the quotes started coming in we where a bit surprised.  There is obviously a high demand for charter flights this time of year as we aren't the only university going to a bowl game.

Eric

I think you guys should look into a new travel partner next time around. The school is getting ripped.

• Content Count:  7,518
  • Days Won:  10

Hey everyone:

Eric

I think you guys should look into a new travel partner next time around. The school is getting ripped.

Not sure of what your basis of saying the school is being 'ripped' is (perhaps you have checked with other charter companies?), but the prices are probably not out of line for this sort of thing, based on the current fuel prices for Jet A and the distance traveled.  In addition, we're probably getting a preferred rate given that we are probably looking at the same charter we use during the regular season.

Archived