• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF trying to clinch cdoa championship appearance, struggling...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  500
  • Days Won:  0

vs UTEP

up 22-17 after failing to get in the endzone after a TO.

Yes I know "you" dont care, but I do.

UTEp had a chance to go up 24-22 and settled for a fg, ucf ran away with it after that. Man CUSA is bad.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

ftu/ou/oc took care of business in their conference

that is all that can be expected

• Content Count:  132

Funny thing about all the CUSA or CDOA crap, but I was in the Charlotte Airport earlier today and was talking to a Car Care Bowl rep in the US Air Lounge and he said that the BCS is thinking about every conference having to play a championship games so teams from the Big East, PAC 10 and Big 10 don't have an advantage over the other conferences.  Wonder what that will do to the conferences.

Funny thing about all the CUSA or CDOA crap, but I was in the Charlotte Airport earlier today and was talking to a Car Care Bowl rep in the US Air Lounge and he said that the BCS is thinking about every conference having to play a championship games so teams from the Big East, PAC 10 and Big 10 don't have an advantage over the other conferences.  Wonder what that will do to the conferences.

The "advantage" of not getting another loss, is ofset by the disadvantage of not getting another win.

• Content Count:  132

The "advantage" of not getting another loss, is ofset by the disadvantage of not getting another win.

Now only if your view counted.

But he was talking about Ohio State just sitting back and watching other teams lose conference championship games and moving up without playing.  It will happen because the teams with the conference championships are the teams that have the power in the BCS.  I should just say SEC because everyone knows they decide what happens.

• Content Count:  677

the BCS is ruled by the 6 conf.. not the other way around.. no way are they going to force all leagues to 12.. now if the Big 10+1 adds a school.. then 4 conf would have reason to put presure on the other 2..

• Content Count:  2,239

the BCS is ruled by the 6 conf.. not the other way around.. no way are they going to force all leagues to 12.. now if the Big 10+1 adds a school.. then 4 conf would have reason to put presure on the other 2..

It's been proven that NO ONE tells the Big Ten what to do and actually expects them to follow.  Jim Delaney(Big Ten commish) is the meanest SOB in college athletics and has said on numerous occasions that he has no problem of yanking the Big Ten, Rose Bowl and the PAC-10(who follows the Big Ten wherever they go) out of the BCS should they not agree with how things are being run.  If they go to 12, it's because they want to and not because they were pressured to.

It would not surprise me if the SEC, the other true power conference(in terms of political sway) to get on the Big East's case about going to 12 teams.  The Big East does not have the Big Ten to protect them and the SEC has a very compelling argument about the average payout per school in the BE is higher than in 12 team conferences.  Since 3 conferences have 12 members, they could end up collectively putting pressure on the Big East to follow suit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Now only if your view counted.

But he was talking about Ohio State just sitting back and watching other teams lose conference championship games and moving up without playing.  It will happen because the teams with the conference championships are the teams that have the power in the BCS.  I should just say SEC because everyone knows they decide what happens.

His view has just as much validity as you and the clueless bowl rep's. Do you think OSU prefers to be sitting there hoping someone else loses to get back to 1 or 2 or would they rather have the opportunity to win one more game to at least improve their chances of moving up? The conf championship games can be just as much an advantage as they can be a disadvantage... UF doesn't win their tainted first MNC without the SEC championship game.

Archived