• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

do we want another running back?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I am spending a lot of time in Texas and the local team has a senior running back that I think we should recruit.

They just had a playoff game last week and he ran for 361 yds and 6 TDs.  He had a 400+ yd game this year and has over 2700 yds this season.

The guy is fast, seems to have incredible vision in finding open space, and can juke, jump, pivot, or do whatever to get to that open space once he sees it.  He also returns kicks.  Mishak Rivas from Weslaco, Texas.  It's about 7 miles north of Mexico in the Rio Grande Valley (south padre island is at the coast).  I know we don't need running backs, but this kid looks special to me.  He is on the small side, but so is Noel Divine.

Oh, btw, you should see the way high school football is done in Texas. In Weslaco, they have a scoreboad with a great video screen, multple LCD screens for ads, sold out season tickets, about 50 cheerleaders, inflatable mascot tunnels the teams run through onto the field, and many of the schools here including this one have gone to field turf, even though anything here that gets a hit of water will grow like crazy.

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Here is his Scout.com profile.   http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=8&c=1&nid=3024320

It appears as if he may not have any scholarship offers yet.  At least none are listed.  It probably has to do with his size.  He is listed at 5'6 and 141 lbs.  That is really small.  I was that size in middle school.

He has some impressive runs in those highlight videos though. 

Rivals has him at 5'8" and 175, but the story they show has him at 5'7" and 165.  Whatever size he really is, that kid is special.  You almost think he is going to score every time he has the ball if he can get into open space.

Well, the Weslaco Panthers just played another playoff game this evening and Mishak Rivas rushed for over 300 yds again, this time for 4 touchdowns, and he added a fifth touchdown receiving.  He now has almost 3100 yds rushing this year.  We should at least look at this kid.

• Content Count:  574

From his tape he looks like he would at least be one hell of a kick returner.

I think its worth a shot.  You should E-mail the coaches about him.

• Content Count:  400

his FRESHMAN year:

more can be found on youtube

i say bring him in and make him a trindon holliday type..

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dont think a top running back would be coming to usf next year

• Content Count:  176

I would think from this point on J.L. will bringing in only players that can take us to a N.C., this is a major program now -53,000 + a game.Get the very best at every position.

• Content Count:  19,229

You should not email the coaches.  That would be a violation.

Josh Newberg

i think he meant email OUR coaches about him, not that kid's coaches.  That wouldn't be a violation.

Archived