• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happens if ?...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I am all mixed up and I know that some people on this board have a better understanding of these things. Okay is there any way we might play FSU in  bowl game? What needs to happen for us to play FSU in a bowl? What happens if the Gators do not win against FSU is that good or bad for us? I have many more questions. I am guessing it is just a pipe dream that we would play FSU but what a great dream that would be.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

Hey I am right there with you.  It would be nice to play FSU in a bowl game.

I am all mixed up and I know that some people on this board have a better understanding of these things. [glow=yellow,2,300]Okay is there any way we might play FSU in  bowl game?[/glow] What needs to happen for us to play FSU in a bowl? What happens if the Gators do not win against FSU is that good or bad for us? I have many more questions. I am guessing it is just a pipe dream that we would play FSU but what a great dream that would be.

Technically, the Car Care Bowl would have to select FSU and USF... and that is not very likely at this point.

1) USF would need to beat Pitt by a substantial margin, enough to move USF up over a few teams in the BCS/AP rankings

2) FSU would have to beat Florida

3) Georgia beating Ga Tech is possible

4) Wake Forest would need to lose to Vandy

5) Rutgers would need to lose to Louisville

6) Cincy would need to lose to Syracuse

7) U Conn would need to beat WVU

Even after all of that... making USF and FSU the most attractive available teams in their respective conferences... it still comes down to the suits in Charlotte. the Big East, ACC, and ESPN all liking the idea...

It would help if the Big Ten's representative to the Music City and the Pac 10 rep to Emerald, if any, had not played Ga Tech or Wake Forest before... and the C-USA rep to the Papa Johns.com was UCF or ECU...

So, the short answer is the possibility is so remote at this time, it's best to hope for a match up in the 2009 Gator Bowl (after the 2008 season).

Archived