• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bowl projection from link in USATODAY

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

FSU is very talented, especially on defense.  Their issues are more coaching and mental than pure athletic.  FSU has depth, although nothing like they did 10 years ago.  Further, they would be pumped up playing this game.  IMO it would take a huge effort to win against FSU anywhere.  If the game were in Jax, then you can expect there to be a significant FSU homefield advantage.

As for the Big 3 going away, no chance.  You are talking about teams that have 9 national titles between them, numerous conference titles and national cred.  That will not go away in one season, or two.  We are talking about a decade or more of sustained excellence (9+ wins a year and being ranked every year and multiple conference titles) to even deserve to say that as a program we are anywhere near the big 3.  We may have a better team this year than FSU or Miami, but this one year does not make us even with them as a program.

Maybe in the past but with todays media of what have you done for me lately Idon't think it is as big of a climb as you think.  FSU is down and I think that will continue because Bobby just ain't the ma he used to be.  Their recruiting is becoming more difficult and Tallahassee is not exactly the hotest spot in Florida - as an airline pilot once announced when we where landing their - "We are about to land in Tallahassee, everyone please turn your watches back 10 years."

Miami I think is even in more trouble,  Randy may be a good coach and recruiter but it is not showing on the field right now.  The "U" failed to get that high profile coach needed and instead went with a defensive assit coach - Why ?  I really am stumped on that one.  Save a few bucks ?  The players liked him ?  I think they made a huge mistake on that hire and then they compounded it by moving out of the OB instead of spending the money to upgrade it.  They lost a ton of history with that move.  Final straw was the final game at the OB and Miami leaves the field in total disgrace after a 48-0 ass whooping by who - Virgina ?  Are you kidding me !

Right now I would have to say the state of Florida is the BIG 1 - UF.  The door is open for anyone and yes I am biased for USF but I see no reason we can't step up and be part of new elite programs from Florida.  We have the right head coach, great facilities and an opening left by FSU and Miami for us to take advantage of.

Archived