• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU hoops game moved to Forum

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Found confirmation in Greg's blog..... don't know how I missed it before:

-- A little basketball, just for variety. Stan Heath's team will play a game downtown at the St. Pete Times Forum, and that game will be Jan. 20 against West Virginia. Bob Huggins brings the Mountaineers to Tampa for a Sunday afternoon showdown. There had been discussions for as many as three games downtown, but the two sides agreed on this one game. Jose Fernandez's women's team will play at the Times Forum on Thursday against Duke, with Tennessee-Oklahoma right after.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

Car commercial guy seriously looks nothing like me.

I know .... and that's a blessing .... but it was humorous that some thought you did.

How hard was this to find? Went to Bulls page at tampabay.com. Looked at the recent headlines. Found this:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/11/Sports/USF_schedules_game_at.shtml

That wasn't there when I originally posted the thread and I didn't really try again until just now and went to your blog .... It's been there for two days.... I'm blind.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

What bothers me is that it's that many more WVU fans that can get in.  All the ones that are here for the winter AND the ones that travel.  Two years ago it wasn't pretty in the Sun Dome.  I hope our fans start to get out and support the basketball team - maybe when football season is over.......

What bothers me is that it's that many more WVU fans that can get in.  All the ones that are here for the winter AND the ones that travel.  Two years ago it wasn't pretty in the Sun Dome.  I hope our fans start to get out and support the basketball team - maybe when football season is over.......

Going up against NFL conference championship games is not going to help attendance as far as the casual fan is concerned ...

• Content Count:  7,201

This has not been confirmed.  In fact, as it stands no games are in the Forum. 

They are working on possibly putting some there, but let me repeat, as of today NO games are scheduled at the Forum...

They are working on possibly putting some there, but let me repeat, as of today NO games are scheduled at the Forum...

Are you calling Greg a liar?

Are you calling Greg a liar?

I'm saying I sent in emails to USF athletics today and the response was that as of today no games were officially being played in the forum.  Nothing is finalized.  I asked as I am a season tix holder. 

The WVU game "may" end up being there, as well as others, but none are confirmed and there are no plans to handle season tix holders until somehting is finalized....

that is all I am saying.  I have it in writign from people at the source.......

• Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

How will students ticket work for this?

Not sure, they said they would let people know closer to the time IF any games get scheduled for the Forum.  Season Tix holders included.

I have resent the link and text from Greg's article to my contact in Athletics to once again see if we can get confirmation or denial on the WVU game at the forum...  Not sure why there is a gap on this one.

Archived