• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF will spend next 2 1/2 years searching for their new No. 2 administrator

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

TAMPA - Call it a slow and steady search.

University of South Florida officials will spend the next 2 1/2 years searching for their new No. 2 administrator. In the meantime, vice provost Ralph Wilcox will fill the provost's spot to be left vacant at the end of this year, when longtime Provost Renu Khator leaves USF to lead the University of Houston system.

USF president Judy Genshaft isn't calling Wilcox "interim" provost, but she is forming a search committee that will look nationwide for a permanent replacement. Faculty Senate president Michael Barber will lead that group.

Wilcox has been vice provost since 2003.

He previously was interim vice president and campus executive officer at USF's St. Petersburg campus.

He earned a Ph.D. from the University of Alberta, Canada, a master's degree from Washington State University, and a baccalaureate degree from the University of Exeter in the United Kingdom.

"We're fortunate to have someone of Dr. Wilcox's caliber at USF who can step into the provost position," said Genshaft. "He is an exceptionally talented academic leader, researcher and educator. The office will be in very capable hands."

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/08/Hillsborough/For_more_than_two_yea.shtml

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

An empty office could do a better job than Khator

• Content Count:  1,479

1. Is it just me or does 2 1/2 years seem like an excessive amount of time to search for a permant replacement?

2. I know it was brought up in another thread, but anything specific on Khator, everything I had heard about her had been positive, never dealt with her in person though.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Her actions have laid waste to the engineering dept and the REU program that was held in such high esteem there

Have heard plenty of other things from others:  both students, faculty, and administration

• Content Count:  1,479

Her actions have laid waste to the engineering dept and the REU program that was held in such high esteem there

Have heard plenty of other things from others:  both students, faculty, and administration

Okay, again I never dealt with her, most people I know probably never dealt with her, so the media, and the few people I do know that dealt with her always raved about her.

Archived