• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thinking back on it all...

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Gregory has one play - turnover.

Get used to being average.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I think Gregory treats the offense like a rare model car. When he drives down the city streets or highway he drives cautiously. But in the right conditions when he knows everything is going to be safe he punches it, hence the wide open UCF victory.

And I think you're reading too much into the mind of Greg Gregory.

He's got nine plays.

If they work (against putrid defenses like UNC & UCF), great.

If they don't work (against everyone else), just keep running them and hope everyone on their defense slips and falls on every play.

i remember reading earlier in the season (during our brief "reign of glory") that one of the benefits of being at Ray Jay was our connection to the Bucs, and that the coaching staff has contacts with the Bucs and what not.

i know Chucky has a playbook that's like 50 pages deep (hence why young offensive skill players [Gradkowski] have trouble adjusting to his system)...  maybe Gregory could give a holler to Chuck and borrow one of the 30 or so plays that were left out of his playbook.

we SERIOUSLY need more than 8 or 9 plays.  our playcalling is so transparent it's pathetic.

Gregory was Iowa State's trash that turned into USF treasure.  Remember Rod Smith was recruited while employed.  Gregory should be fired.

• Content Count:  1,165

I think Gregory treats the offense like a rare model car. When he drives down the city streets or highway he drives cautiously. But in the right conditions when he knows everything is going to be safe he punches it, hence the wide open UCF victory.

And I think you're reading too much into the mind of Greg Gregory.

He's got nine plays.

If they work (against putrid defenses like UNC & UCF), great.

If they don't work (against everyone else), just keep running them and hope everyone on their defense slips and falls on every play.

i remember reading earlier in the season (during our brief "reign of glory") that one of the benefits of being at Ray Jay was our connection to the Bucs, and that the coaching staff has contacts with the Bucs and what not.

i know Chucky has a playbook that's like 50 pages deep (hence why young offensive skill players [Gradkowski] have trouble adjusting to his system)...  maybe Gregory could give a holler to Chuck and borrow one of the 30 or so plays that were left out of his playbook.

we SERIOUSLY need more than 8 or 9 plays.  our playcalling is so transparent it's pathetic.

We need an offensive overhaul. Our system just isn't working.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

...we were seriously overrated

Quick summary of our games:

Elon - we struggled and won. People said we were "hiding our plays and hiding Ford" for auburn.

Auburn - Despite playing sloppy, we squeak by in OT

UNC - Played pretty well, but we were still "hiding our plays and hiding Ford" for WVU

WVU - We won, but we weren't playingn all that well. Under 300 yards of offense, and our defense gve up over 400.

FAU - We played crappy, and we won because we got a couple lucky calls.

UCF - we played great and dismantled them.

Rutgers - We played crappy and lost a game we should have won

UConn - We played crappy and lost a game we should have won

Cinci - We played crappy and lost a game we should have won

I think back to the beginning of the season and all the comments at the time.  We were playing sloppy, but everyone kept saying we were keeping our plays secret for ***** (Auburn, and then WVU). Apparantly we were saving them for UCF.

The point of my post? When we were playing sloppy at the beginning of the year, people said "It's ok, we are "saving" our plays for more skillful opponents." When we were playing sloppy in the middle of the year, people were saying "It's ok, we're fine, we still won the game" (on a side note, I told you guys not to be complacent with the sloppy play even though we were winning. Like I said, every team is going to let us get the same TD [because of dropped passes] two or three times, and we're not going to be able to turn the ball over 8 times and win). Now that we're playing sloppy at the end of the year, people say "It's ok. We've had a great year".  This thinking confuses and annoys me.  The stated goal this year was to win the Big East Title. We fail to do that, and are currently tied for last in the conference.  Let me say that again in case it didn't register, WE ARE TIED FOR LAST PLACE IN THE CONFERENCE. Yes, my friends, we are at the same place as Syracuse.  And if that wasn't bad enough, we've got people with the nerve to say this is a GREAT SEASON? You gotta be kiding me.

All in all, this has been the most emotion-filled season in USF history. We've hit the highest of highs for our team this year, and now we are going through what feels like the lowest of lows. We've got three games left in the regular season, and we desperately need to win them all.  We have the ability, but will we pull them out?  Not by playing like we have the last three weeks.

Some of you are sure to say some bandwagon comments, but I was here before the bandwagon, and I'm not going anywhere. Go Bulls!

so true

but usf had an opportunity and failed to seized upon the moment

Gregory was Iowa State's trash that turned into USF treasure.  Remember Rod Smith was recruited while employed.  Gregory should be fired.

doesnt leavitt bear some  of the responsibility for offense's problems?

Maybe Big East is most toughest conference!  Which conference has better record against OCC??

is this a joke

doesnt leavitt bear some  of the responsibility for offense's problems?

He nees to reign in some of his delegating to Gregory.  He put too much responsibility on a new hire here.  CJL is very good but ultimately is responsible for the entire team.  If he develops Gregory and mentors him - he might gain some of that fire Jim had a few years back.  Realistically, blowing off steam, Gregory will be around for a while (who wants him?)

• Content Count:  136

We all really know that we're saving the super-secret plays for 2009 when Grothe is a senior... That's our year!

I can't blame people for thinking that we were saving the good stuff for a later opponent though... I mean, it looks like a Pop Warner offense's playbook... Except I think I remember more creativity...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we are saving everything for the orangemen at the carrier dome.

Archived