• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok, I have to state this about this season.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,413
  • Days Won:  43

No matter what happens for the rest of the season, USF actually had an eventful year. First time being ranked. First time selling out the stadium. The national media was going crazy over USF. The city of Tampa jumped on the bandwagon. All this has been great for USF no matter how we finish this year. Nothing can take that exposure back, and I am guessing that we should have even more recruits wanting to come to USF. I know thinks are really down with these three loses, but I just wanted to point out that this season wont be as bad as the 2004 season. We should be ok.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. I think what hurts the most and why everyone is going crazy is because the loses have been back to back.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,379
  • Days Won:  10

No matter what happens for the rest of the season, USF actually had an eventful year. First time being ranked. First time selling out the stadium. The national media was going crazy over USF. The city of Tampa jumped on the bandwagon. All this has been great for USF no matter how we finish this year. Nothing can take that exposure back, and I am guessing that we should have even more recruits wanting to come to USF. I know thinks are really down with these three loses, but I just wanted to point out that this season wont be as bad as the 2004 season. We should be ok.

EXACTLY!!  Every year we achieve more.  This year is BIG!!  How dare we not get the NC? :lol

We are doing better than most thought before the season.  Let's just look at the big picture.  It has been, and will be, a great ride!!

• Content Count:  1,238

As you stated, this year has been full of 1st's and we still have 3 games left. What a ride it has been so far and I am looking towards the future for bigger and greater things. Who would have ever thought 12 years ago that we would be where we are at today. It's a great time to be a Bull.

• Content Count:  16,413
  • Days Won:  43

Yes, every year is a building block for the program. There are going to be bumps on the way, but I have faith that the program will get through this slump and continue are rise to the top. This year, the national got a wake up call from USF. Well, USF is not going away even if some of those media pundits want us to. We will keep building, and we will continue to prove them wrong.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

What a ride this year.  Second game of the season at Auburn, how many really bullieved that we would win, I thought I was going to puke when Alvarado missed all of those field goals and then when we won in overtime everyone was ecstatic.  This is the same team that is being malligned on other posts

Tonight, as always, I say GOOOOOOOOOOO BUlls

• Content Count:  635

sorry, never going to look at 3-straight conference losses as anything to be remotely happy about. ruins a whole season.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

As long as we we win out this season is a success.  If we end up not going to a bowl or end up 2nd to last in the BE, the season cannot be considered a success.  It would have to be considered one of the most disappointing in college football.  After going 9-4 last year and starting out 6-0 and achieving the #2 status in the country I think anything less than 10-3 is a disappointment and a step back from where we were.  Expectations change as you go through the year. 

• Content Count:  1,238

As long as we we win out this season is a success.  If we end up not going to a bowl or end up 2nd to last in the BE, the season cannot be considered a success.  It would have to be considered one of the most disappointing in college football.  After going 9-4 last year and starting out 6-0 and achieving the #2 status in the country I think anything less than 10-3 is a disappointment and a step back from where we were.  Expectations change as you go through the year. 

Agreed, but "step backs" and "set backs" occur and no one enjoys them. Expecting them, is living your life with a half empty glass. The Bulls have fallen and some will even say that they have fallen hard but I am hoping they recover and put on a great finish to this crazy season.

• Content Count:  1,165

EXACTLY!!  Every year we achieve more.  This year is BIG!!  How dare we not get the NC? :lol

We are doing better than most thought before the season.  Let's just look at the big picture.  It has been, and will be, a great ride!!

I wouldn't say being 6-3 with Louisville still to play doing "better than most thought".  The way the first half of the season played out with our tremendous wins, the expectations of everyone were raised, and with good reason. And those updated expectations were not bet, which is why everyone is disappointed

Archived