• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rod Smith, Banks & Julmiste were @ the game-Did u C them?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Oh my bad that was Gregory & Grothe. Looked like the same old BS to me.   Hey Grothe, the spin BS doesnt work anymore, every college football team has figured you & your tactics out.  BTW Grothe, who in the world taught you clock management, whatever coach did should really not be coaching anymore.

No new gameplan from game #1, same bs playcalling game in and game out, good teams and coaches are going to gameplan for what we do and stop it everytime. We have not changed anything that we have done from an offensive standpoint.

Bottome line; ITS ALTON VOSS TIME.............lets see what a 6"5 guy can do because there is only so long that a 6 foot nothing guy can throw the ball over 6"5 lineman.

• Content Count:  253

Oh, I thought you were serious, we could have used them.  This is a case of the offensive coordinator coming in and having a talented running quarterback and doing nothing to make this team multi-dimensional.  He is basing his whole game plan on Grothe running the ball.  Once teams contain Grothe and thus stopping the running game, we are forced to throw the ball.  It's not working!  It hasn't worked the last 3 games.

• Content Count:  635

i thought the clock management was great on the last drive.

• Content Count:  743

I bet you love that "spin BS" when he keeps plays alive that he should have been sacked on. Get ******* real. He is a good QB that is a huge overachiever. He gives more out there than 99.9% of the athletes at USF and deserves better than what you are trying to say about him.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Bottome line; ITS ALTON VOSS TIME.............lets see what a 6"5 guy can do because there is only so long that a 6 foot nothing guy can throw the ball over 6"5 lineman.

382 yds passing today (USF single game record) and 75 yards on the ground as well.  Seems like there was little problem of him throwing for nearly 400 yards against 6"5" linemen.

Yeah, that really sucks.  Good luck getting that output from Alton Voss.

Oh, and FYI... clock management and all play calls come in from Greg Gregory, not Matt Grothe.  If you think clock management is a problem, there's your root of it.

• Content Count:  10,219

love grothe...he had a bad night (playcalling and dropped balls are still a problem)

he protected the ball well at the beginning of the season...we need to stress fundamentals.

why do we not have a rhino package on the 3yd line and run up the middle with a 230lb back... we still ran him off to the rightand lost 3 yds...lucky grothe scored on the next play

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

382 yds passing today (USF single game record) and 75 yards on the ground as well.  Seems like there was little problem of him throwing for nearly 400 yards against 6"5" linemen.

Yeah, that really sucks.  Good luck getting that output from Alton Voss.

Oh, and FYI... clock management and all play calls come in from Greg Gregory, not Matt Grothe.  If you think clock management is a problem, there's your root of it.

Very well said!!!

• Content Count:  743

The issue wasn't with the way Grothe played. It was with the way he was played. He isn't a QB that has 54 pass attempts a game. He isn't Tom Brady... He isn't Payton Manning... He isn't Brian Brohm... He runs and he throws. He needs about 30 pass attempts a game and to be backed up by running the ball. Teams fearing the run from him and from our backs open things up for him. There was no reason for him to have 54 attempts.

• Content Count:  231

I have to agree with JewBull on this, Play Calling has been horrible these last 3 games, Gregory has done nothing to change our gameplan.  He is a horrible OC, he better be gone next year.  Grothe is a great athlete but not the greatest QB, granted one of the INTs wasn't his fault but the other 3 were just horrible throws.  He missed plenty of open receivers, and made a lot of bad decisions.  Can we be the 1st team ever to be ranked as high as 2nd in the country and not go to a bowl game.  I don't see us winning another game this year. 

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I know Rod Smith wasn't there.  If Rod Smith WAS there, he'd have at least called one reverse, one halfback pass, and a direct HB snap.

Seriously... our play-calling is stale.

Archived