• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anybody hear about this???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Busch Stadium!  It's great.  A rich guy donating a ton of money to get his name on the stadium.  Just a family name.  Same as naming it Smith Stadium.  Nothing to do with beer.  It's not like it would be named Budweiser Stadium or The Icehouse.

The cross promotional ideas are off the charts with Busch Gardens and Adventure Island right down the road!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

The NCAA would never allow a campus stadium, or a field asscociated with a school to be sponsored by an alcohol company.  Think about it, they do not allow drinking at on campus facilities, and naming rights to Busweiser field would get nixed quicker than a touchdown can become a penalty in NJ.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I've never heard anything about an offer to build a stadium, but I do recall many faculty members saying that John and Grace Allen did not ever want USF to have a football program because they thought that it would hurt acedemics or something like that.  That was the story when I was at USF in the late 80s anyway.

football really hurt academics at michigan, and cal -berkley

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I've never heard anything about an offer to build a stadium, but I do recall many faculty members saying that John and Grace Allen did not ever want USF to have a football program because they thought that it would hurt acedemics or something like that.  That was the story when I was at USF in the late 80s anyway.

football really huet academics at michigan, and cal -berkley

If you think there was never any debate about academics vs. athletics at Michigan you are crazy.  If you ever want to back up anything you say, check out this book: http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailPraise.do?id=16522

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If you think there was never any debate about academics vs. athletics at Michigan you are crazy.  If you ever want to back up anything you say, check out this book: http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailPraise.do?id=16522

huh?

you missed the point my friend

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

huh?

you missed the point my friend

I understood your point fine.  But of course tons of people (especially academic types) are going to think that athletics takes away from academics.  There are a huge amount of people at UMich that would disagree with you about football hurting academics.

• Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

The NCAA allows drinking on on campus facilities. You are thinking of the SEC that does not allow drinking on campus facilities. Fans are allowed to drink beer at the SUNDOME just in case you were wondering, so you can bet that alcohol will be served on campus.

Archived