• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Attendance that refutes what "they say"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=103690984&mid=103690984&sid=908&style=2

My wife and I took a little while to cruise over to UCF to see them play Tulsa (don't worry...we never pay for UCF tix; they belong to a friend)...

anyway...we were noticing how the stadium was about 60% full through the sideline seats and the south end zone was full (90-95%) of students and the north end zone probably about 75%.  I was saying probably 32,000 - 34,000 in attendance -- best case for them.  As we were leaving, the announcer said "and today's attendance is 45,000 something or another.  We just looked at each other and rolled our eyes and continued on.  Clearly the excitement of the OCS has worn off; students are still attending pretty well but unless you've ponied up a pretty good sum of cash, getting into the stadium takes a solid 20-25 minutes even with pretty good parking.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390

Not trying to start an argument but I would say 35-37k were there. Incase you haven't noticed, attendance is based on ticket sales not butts in seats. Not a big name team to draw many fans, 50% chance of rain , plus most of the empty seats that you see on the "home" side is because of the club seats. Not sure how you could say attendance is bad though considering an announced UCF attendance of 30,000 was awesome this time last year. And the whole part about amount of time it takes to get into the stadium, depends on where you are entering. If you would look over one or two gates then you probably would've seen empty gates since that is normally the case. Place gets pretty **** loud though doesn't it? Paul Smith had to go to the line countless times and yell the audible or snap count into the centers ear.

http://ucfphotos.com/photos/main/viewimage-51018-fbucfvstulsa.0824.htm

• Content Count:  3,574

Not trying to start an argument but I would say 35-37k were there. Incase you haven't noticed, attendance is based on ticket sales not butts in seats. Not a big name team to draw many fans, 50% chance of rain , plus most of the empty seats that you see on the "home" side is because of the club seats. Not sure how you could say attendance is bad though considering an announced UCF attendance of 30,000 was awesome this time last year. And the whole part about amount of time it takes to get into the stadium, depends on where you are entering. If you would look over one or two gates then you probably would've seen empty gates since that is normally the case. Place gets pretty **** loud though doesn't it? Paul Smith had to go to the line countless times and yell the audible or snap count into the centers ear.

Pretending that you're a Bull is pretty funny.

:D

• Content Count:  1,390

To be honest with you, I am not a Bull or a Knight. I am a junior in high school that is a Scorpion for now. I'm a fan of both teams believe it or not. UCF is 1 hour away from me so I attend a lot of the games. My sister lives in Tampa and her boyfriend is enrolled in USF's graduate school. So if anything, I am more sane when it comes to this kind of stuff than anyone else on this board. No bias, no negative words about either school, all I do is cheer both teams on and take comments for what they are worth and not say no that's not true because he went to UCF. I was at the Elon football game before USF was ranked so I'm not a bandwagoner and I will be attending the Louisville game later on this year and will be sitting in section 314. I am undecided on where I want to go to school but my main choices are UF, UCF and USF although USF's academic standards aren't quite where I want them to be so that is why I was looking at the Honors College (see my post in the alma mater section). Alright, that's pretty much all I have to say right now.

• Content Count:  639

I was at the game and it was pretty full...my guess is about 40k of the 45.5k sold showed up; a lot of people(including myself) arrived late(our fans tend to tailgate a little too long...the Texas game was the only home game where it seems everyone made the point to be on time) so kickoff was probably half empty but my mid first quarter it was pretty packed all the way till early 4th quarter where people started leaving b/c we were blowing them out

-These attendance arguments are so pointless from both sides...tell me what USF's attendance would be coming of a 52 point loss...I would guess 25k

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

tell me what USF's attendance would be coming of a 52 point loss...I would guess 25k

How would we know? It's never happened.

• Content Count:  2,239

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=103690984&mid=103690984&sid=908&style=2

My wife and I took a little while to cruise over to UCF to see them play Tulsa (don't worry...we never pay for UCF tix; they belong to a friend)...

anyway...we were noticing how the stadium was about 60% full through the sideline seats and the south end zone was full (90-95%) of students and the north end zone probably about 75%.  I was saying probably 32,000 - 34,000 in attendance -- best case for them.  As we were leaving, the announcer said "and today's attendance is 45,000 something or another.  We just looked at each other and rolled our eyes and continued on.  Clearly the excitement of the OCS has worn off; students are still attending pretty well but unless you've ponied up a pretty good sum of cash, getting into the stadium takes a solid 20-25 minutes even with pretty good parking.

Parking is something that will need to be worked on.  Getting out after a game is awful.  It is the first season though and these things must be expected.

Don't let the west side club area fool you.  Those people tend to stay indoors cause they are not allowed to bring their booze to their seats.  I don't get why not, but rules are rules.

I chuckled at the attendence too cause that was how many tickets were sold.  I would wager about 40k there.  A problem that royally pissed me off cause it led to me getting crappier seats is that higher level donors were hoarding seats and trying to sell them off on an individual game basis.  I honestly hope that novelty wears off so I can get seats I actually paid for donation level wise.

• Content Count:  711

The stadium took a bit to fill up...but there were a lot more than 30-32k there.  That would be like 15k empty seats and in a 45k stadium......it would look really shiney with empty bleachers.  Not the case....here's a video from that game a UCF fan took....You can be the judge....

• Content Count:  3,574

To be honest with you, I am not a Bull or a Knight. I am a junior in high school that is a Scorpion for now. I'm a fan of both teams believe it or not. UCF is 1 hour away from me so I attend a lot of the games. My sister lives in Tampa and her boyfriend is enrolled in USF's graduate school. So if anything, I am more sane when it comes to this kind of stuff than anyone else on this board. No bias, no negative words about either school, all I do is cheer both teams on and take comments for what they are worth and not say no that's not true because he went to UCF. I was at the Elon football game before USF was ranked so I'm not a bandwagoner and I will be attending the Louisville game later on this year and will be sitting in section 314. I am undecided on where I want to go to school but my main choices are UF, UCF and USF although USF's academic standards aren't quite where I want them to be so that is why I was looking at the Honors College (see my post in the alma mater section). Alright, that's pretty much all I have to say right now.

Fair enough...

BTW, don't let the Knights convince you that USF's academics aren't as strong as UCF's because they average 69 more points on the SAT (and the GPA’s are the same).  Both schools have their strengths, but the quality of an incoming student doesn’t determine the quality of the school.

Let’s just say that only three schools are included in the differential tuition bill (starting next fall).  UF, FSU and ... guess who the other school is?

• Content Count:  2,239

Fair enough...

BTW, don't let the Knights convince you that USF's academics aren't as strong as UCF's because they average 69 more points on the SAT (and the GPA’s are the same).  Both schools have their strengths, but the quality of an incoming student doesn’t determine the quality of the school.

Let’s just say that only three schools are included in the differential tuition bill (starting next fall).  UF, FSU and ... guess who the other school is?

What USFan is trying to say is that USF's best strengths lie in their graduate work, which comes with a huge endowment and plenty of government grants(even though they hedge it a bit, but that's besides the point).  USF is working on building up their undergraduate programs.  Inversely, UCF's best strengths are in their undergraduate and partnerships with various corporations.  UCF is working on strengthening their graduate programs.

Both are still a work in progress.

Archived