• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Attendance that refutes what "they say"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  289
  • Days Won:  0

Congrats.  You just made yourself to look like a complete idiot.  You were doing so well and then went all 6 year old on this thread.   I was thinking of giving you back story on my school history up there, but that's an adult conversation and it doesn't look like you have that level of intellectual maturity.  That's ok, you'll come around soon enough.

BTW...I hate Disney, lived near a beach all through high school, which ironically was where Mike Ford was from.  You see, he went to my high school and transfered to the other big school in the county cause he couldn't handle the academics.  He had the chance, couldn't hack it, went to a lower school to get by and couldn't hack it at Alabama.  The fact that he's getting as many chances as he's getting is because of his physical ability, not mental ability. 

You might want to reconsider some of your statements.  Not only would he not be accepted, but if he couldn't even get into Alabama, what makes you think he has a prayer of excelling in an Ivy League school.  Common sense says he's not the brainy type.

Once again thank you for your judgement. Common sense/logic dictates that ants and spiders can not/should not lift many times their weight but they do. That a bee should not be able to fly but it does. Go ahead now, bash my simple 6yr old knowledge. I have no problem with insults, hey this is the net. You, as well as I, can always just ignore the other if one chooses. But if you choose not to ignore me and decide to comment...please don't use BIG words.  :(

Chill guy, it's only a msg board.  :hippy

Well I think your point is valid in that no method used to predict future success is failsafe.  However, what if a methods may be 80 to 90% accurate.  And since we're dealing with large populations, those occasional fliers who buck the trend and overachieve get lost in the noise.  Unfortunately, general intelligence is not a social construct and does offer real ability advantages.  I can teach you as much as you can learn but ultimately your IQ will determine how much you can learn.  Mike Ford would most likely not make it in an Ivy League setting.  That's because it has been shown that the ability to effectively communicate tapers off when the two participants have greater than a 20 point IQ differential.  Although, grade pandering being what it is, he may get out with a C.  And as far as an Ivy League Education paying off, you've got to find the youtube video of this Yalie who sent an over the top video resume to several investment banking firms.  That dude is still looking.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_is_Nothing_(video_r%C3%A9sum%C3%A9)  This is frigging hilarious.

My 2 cents about UCF versus USF.  If you want to get an engineering degree or think you might, it's a no-brainer.  UCF.  If you want to do anything else, well both schools are fully accredited.  But UCF may be able to offer better coop/intern opportunities with local Orlando business ranging from banking, defense engineering, and of course hospitality.  Then of course the campus environment at UCF is much better than USF.  And frankly if you're going to have to stay somewhere for four years of your life it does make a difference.

The ants and spiders sounds like something Vayner would say.  You two should hook up.   ;D

Ok you make good points about the learning abilities, but couldn't we say that about A LOT of atheletes?

And as for your statement about campus environment... You say UCF is "much better" than USF, but how in the world can you say that?  UCF may be "much better" than USF FOR YOU, but for someone else, the exact opposite may be true.

This is the problem I have with (some) UCF posters.  Both schools are good schools, yet there always seems to be the needless jabs.

'/end rant'

I didn't mean to be very broad with the campus environment.  Maybe USF students walk around speaking about the great philosophers and all.  I meant much more mundane things like buildings and caretaking of the physical assets.  And of course our keggers rock!  But that would be subjective.  ;D

su.jpg

marshallcenter.jpg

020916rec%20center.jpg

bioinformatics__computational_biology.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,239

Congrats.  You just made yourself to look like a complete idiot.  You were doing so well and then went all 6 year old on this thread.   I was thinking of giving you back story on my school history up there, but that's an adult conversation and it doesn't look like you have that level of intellectual maturity.  That's ok, you'll come around soon enough.

BTW...I hate Disney, lived near a beach all through high school, which ironically was where Mike Ford was from.  You see, he went to my high school and transfered to the other big school in the county cause he couldn't handle the academics.  He had the chance, couldn't hack it, went to a lower school to get by and couldn't hack it at Alabama.  The fact that he's getting as many chances as he's getting is because of his physical ability, not mental ability. 

You might want to reconsider some of your statements.  Not only would he not be accepted, but if he couldn't even get into Alabama, what makes you think he has a prayer of excelling in an Ivy League school.  Common sense says he's not the brainy type.

Once again thank you for your judgement. Common sense/logic dictates that ants and spiders can not/should not lift many times their weight but they do. That a bee should not be able to fly but it does. Go ahead now, bash my simple 6yr old knowledge. I have no problem with insults, hey this is the net. You, as well as I, can always just ignore the other if one chooses. But if you choose not to ignore me and decide to comment...please don't use BIG words.  :(

Chill guy, it's only a msg board.  :hippy

Well I think your point is valid in that no method used to predict future success is failsafe.  However, what if a methods may be 80 to 90% accurate.  And since we're dealing with large populations, those occasional fliers who buck the trend and overachieve get lost in the noise.  Unfortunately, general intelligence is not a social construct and does offer real ability advantages.  I can teach you as much as you can learn but ultimately your IQ will determine how much you can learn.  Mike Ford would most likely not make it in an Ivy League setting.  That's because it has been shown that the ability to effectively communicate tapers off when the two participants have greater than a 20 point IQ differential.  Although, grade pandering being what it is, he may get out with a C.  And as far as an Ivy League Education paying off, you've got to find the youtube video of this Yalie who sent an over the top video resume to several investment banking firms.  That dude is still looking.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_is_Nothing_(video_r%C3%A9sum%C3%A9)  This is frigging hilarious.

My 2 cents about UCF versus USF.  If you want to get an engineering degree or think you might, it's a no-brainer.  UCF.  If you want to do anything else, well both schools are fully accredited.  But UCF may be able to offer better coop/intern opportunities with local Orlando business ranging from banking, defense engineering, and of course hospitality.  Then of course the campus environment at UCF is much better than USF.  And frankly if you're going to have to stay somewhere for four years of your life it does make a difference.

The ants and spiders sounds like something Vayner would say.  You two should hook up.  ;D

Ok you make good points about the learning abilities, but couldn't we say that about A LOT of atheletes?

And as for your statement about campus environment... You say UCF is "much better" than USF, but how in the world can you say that?  UCF may be "much better" than USF FOR YOU, but for someone else, the exact opposite may be true.

This is the problem I have with (some) UCF posters.  Both schools are good schools, yet there always seems to be the needless jabs.

'/end rant'

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are plenty of USF posters who do the same when and where they can.  If there is any controversy going on at the one school, there WILL be fans from the other using it as fuel for smack.  It works both ways.

• Content Count:  1,238

[020916rec%20center.jpg

What's with the Unicorn? Or is that a flying horsey?

Is the mascot for ucIF a knight or horsey?

Which came first? The horsey or the knight?

They should have painted the pretty horsey's wings the color of the rainbow.

Oh, and look the horsey's wing has a little bitty star to boot. Isn't that precious.

And I think the guy walking down the steps in the photo is wearing a Bulls cap. Looks green & gold to me.

Tom: Hey D**k you decide what college you'll be attending.

D**k: Not sure yet Tom but I am swaying towards ucIF due to their "buildings and caretaking of the physical assets".

Harry: WTF! is a ucIF? Who is a ucIF? Where is a ucIF?

Tom: I don't know but it seems they have well educated groundskeeping engineers.

No banking in Tampa??? Nope, I've never seen one yet. That's why I keep my $$$ under my matress.

Defense in Tampa??? Hey that MacDill place is that a park of some kind or beach front property?

Hospitality in Tampa??? Well, I've seen many hospitals around the area.

Tom: No D**k, hospitality not hospitals.

D**k: Hey, don't we have a fine looking one right on campus?

;D

• Content Count:  2,239

[020916rec%20center.jpg

What's with the Unicorn? Or is that a flying horsey?

Is the mascot for ucIF a knight or horsey?

Which came first? The horsey or the knight?

They should have painted the pretty horsey's wings the color of the rainbow.

Oh, and look the horsey's wing has a little bitty star to boot. Isn't that precious.

And I think the guy walking down the steps in the photo is wearing a Bulls cap. Looks green & gold to me.

Tom: Hey D**k you decide what college you'll be attending.

D**k: Not sure yet Tom but I am swaying towards ucIF due to their "buildings and caretaking of the physical assets".

Harry: WTF! is a ucIF? Who is a ucIF? Where is a ucIF?

Tom: I don't know but it seems they have well educated groundskeeping engineers.

No banking in Tampa??? Nope, I've never seen one yet. That's why I keep my $$$ under my matress.

Defense in Tampa??? Hey that MacDill place is that a park of some kind or beach front property?

Hospitality in Tampa??? Well, I've seen many hospitals around the area.

Tom: No D**k, hospitality not hospitals.

D**k: Hey, don't we have a fine looking one right on campus?

;D

A unicorn has a horn.  The Pegasus has wings.  I see no horn.  The Pegasus has been the academic symbol for UCF for a long time.  The name "Knights" was originally short for Knights of the Pegasus.

Seriously, your smack needs work.  It's just not entertaining.  :-\

Archived