• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Love from CFN rankings...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

I like CFN's blurb about USF in their rankings...

9. South Florida (6-1)

L, at Rutgers 30--27

next game: at Connecticut

The Ranking Should Be Higher Because... it's not like Rutgers is Stanford, Appalachian State or Colorado, and it could be argued that it's on par with Kentucky. Also, it's not like the Bulls got clobbered. Only LSU can claim more impressive wins than at Auburn and against West Virginia.

The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it shouldn't be. This still might be one of the five best teams in the country, even if it's still just South Florida in many people's eyes. Watch out; the Bulls will probably be favored in every game the rest of the way. The toughest game left is probably next week at UConn. It could be a shock if USF doesn't go 11-1.

Here is the link... http://cfn.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=2&c=557948

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

love it.

and he's right, we didn't get "clobbered"... we lost by 3 after having a TD and a drive-sustaining first down called back by flag-happy refs.

• Content Count:  498

The loss is still on us, I mean we should have adjusted in the 2nd half or at latest the 4th qtr when the blitz came on full force, but yea, that final pass interference call would never be called in another conference.  I also have issue with the flag for celebrating the TD.

• Content Count:  282

I had thought "awesome, someone loves us"  until the same writer wrote about Ohio State:

1. Ohio State  (8-0)

W, Michigan State 24-17

next game: at Penn State

The Ranking Should Be Lower Because ... it shouldn’t be. Don’t let the final score of the Michigan State game fool you. The defense didn’t give up the touchdowns; the offense did. While the Spartans returned two turnovers for touchdowns, OSU actually played well on offense with an efficient passing day, a great afternoon from Chris Wells, and, of course, the defense. If the D plays like it has all year long, OSU will win in without a problem at Penn State.

He does not mention that they should be lower due to the fact that they have yet to play anyone ranked, finally in Michigan State met at least a decent team and made it a point to play every team in Ohio except the other ranked Ohio team in Cincinnati. 

With that said, I don't know how to feel about the love that they are showing us.  I guess any lovin' is good lovin'...... ;D

• Content Count:  635

OSU is clearly #1. no other undefeated team has played nearly as well as they have

• Content Count:  2,461

Also, it's not like the Bulls got clobbered.

I'm not sure if you misread that or... what.... I like the love though.

Archived