• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

mike ford fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

We DO have a clear number one!!!

He's the one that takes the snaps

And as long as that remains the case we will not be good enough.  Grothe's running should supplement our running game - not be our running game.

Agreed....Grothe should be used to keep DE and LB's on guard (over pursue) for a scramble as well as the option play.

We need Ford or Williams to step up as THE starter so that there is continuity in the backfield. With continuity comes confidence.  With confidence comes impressive wins!

GO BULLS!!!  FINISH STRONG!!!

• Content Count:  4,738

With time Mike Ford will be a beast.  You can tell even his body can still develop. 

I would love to see the goaline three RB formation(can't remember the name) more often.  I think we could beat some teams up running this.

• Content Count:  151

Without a doubt we should have had a clear number one, two and three running back set up figured out by the end of the third game. The only big game any back has had was BW against FAU. He has talent, but he got those carries by default. Had others been available, then they would have split the carries and we would have lost.

I don't see why they can't name a starter and give it a shot. In addition, stop running them out of the spread shotgun formation. That half second delay lets everyone get in the backfield. Put Ford back there with a blocker and let him run. Give Grothe some support... =/

I agree with the spread out of the shotgun.  Get 2 backs in the wishbone fomation and that gives Grothe the chance to hand off, reverse, or pass and keeps the defense guessing.    Right now we we telescoping every move.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going to happen with 5 wide-outs on 3rd down situation.  Also did the players know the # of the punters for the opposing team?  Had they known they would have realized something was up when the backup quarterback got up to punt.  I love out team and have had season ticks for 7 yr and don't plan on jumping off at one loss.  However something is clearly wrong when Mike only comes in for maybe 2 plays per half and that's it.  Just like Leavitt said he put Gregory in last week because he felt he needed a couple of passes to get his feet wet.  How else is Ford going to grow without practical experience.  I am really starting to ? the OC's ability to be creative. His calls seem to be the same all the time.  CJL needs to really take a look at what is happening in that offense.  Matt can scramble I'll agree to that he is great but what happened to all the hype that was said prior to the season of being deep in running backs to Matt won't have to be the leading rusher?

• Content Count:  4,738

Running out of the spread worked great the first half of the Rutgers game.  Not necessarily a RB but Grothe got open field to run. The problem is Schiano made great adjustments and we didnt respond quickly enough. 

Even using running backs, out offense is built from the gun, so we are always going to see hand offs from the formation.  Grothe can;t survey the field from under center, and it limits his running options.

• Content Count:  60

The offensive coaches don't use the RB like they should.  We should always establish the running game in every game (which does not include the QB running all the time).  I don't know what practices are like, but give Ford the ball about 10-15 times a game and you will see what you need to be impressed.  He needs the experience.  We have the players.  However, I think we need a little patience in establishing our run offense.  It will be there.  Our offense will be explosive. 

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Running out of the spread worked great the first half of the Rutgers game.  Not necessarily a RB but Grothe got open field to run. The problem is Schiano made great adjustments and we didnt respond quickly enough. 

Even using running backs, out offense is built from the gun, so we are always going to see hand offs from the formation.  Grothe can;t survey the field from under center, and it limits his running options.

The other problem was that Walt Walker went out in the second half

• Content Count:  936

As a huge Mike Ford fan this is NOT what I expected so far. 

Agreed.

Archived