• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Response to all the "bandwagon fans" comments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

To everyone making comments about the bandwagon fans...

There are some people here who have been running with the Bulls since day one, trying to bring a football team to USF.  For everyone else (the vast majority, even though many would not come out and say it), there had to have been some point in time where you "jumped on the bandwagon". 

Some of these new fans will run off now and go back to not caring.  For those people, **** 'em.  But do not doubt that this run has made us some brand new fans that will be with us from the long run and solidified others that were iffy.

Maybe some of those new fans are young kids that will one day wear a Bulls uniform.  Still others might be tomorrow's big donors.  The point is, you never know.

Everyone had to start somewhere.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

ya but many of the people who are "the biggest bulls fan" still have UF licence plates.

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

To me a bandwagon fan is one who jumps on quickly and would jump off with equal speed. If you are a new fan, welcome. But if you're just here for the ride while you're team suffers a little eff 'em.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Reading bandwagon posts makes us look like West Virginia after we kicked their ass.

• Content Count:  635

having bandwagon fans is essential to building up a young program. we don't have the generations of fans like Ohio State or Nebraska or anything. especially in a busy and active area like the Tampa Bay. the "go away bandwagoners" are just elitists and it smacks of Ohio State fans saying USF doesn't belong with the "big" schools.

• Content Count:  2,363

having bandwagon fans is essential to building up a young program. we don't have the generations of fans like Ohio State or Nebraska or anything. especially in a busy and active area like the Tampa Bay. the "go away bandwagoners" are just elitists and it smacks of Ohio State fans saying USF doesn't belong with the "big" schools.

Interesting way of putting it, and I had never thought of it like that...

"you don't belong... you don't have the 'tradition' of rooting for the team we have"... it does sound kinda similar when you put it like that.

Still, I stand by my thoughts that there is a difference between a new fan, regardless of how they came and a bandwagoner, who's probably already jumped off after one loss.

• Content Count:  635

the guys that jump ship immediately after a loss aren't ever going to be real fans anyway, they're flavor of the week fans, basically whichever team is hot in the news they're going to root for, then they move on to the next team.

• Content Count:  18

We're a young program. Most of us are new fans, so it is unfair to call us bandwagon. I'm a Bull stuck at UCF though  :'(I get crap all the time

Archived