• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

So how do you think this "journey"/game has affected our recruiting?

I think overall it will have a good affect.  Being the media darling for several weeks and getting the #2 ranking brought a lot of publicity to our university.  Everyone know's about the University of South Florida now, whether they did before this or not.  I know that if we win out and get a BCS bowl game that we'll have the media kissing our asses once again and I don't think there's any reason that we can't finish in the top 10 by winning out.

The other side of the story can be seen now though... "they're not really as good as we thought they were", "they haven't come as far as everyone thinks", "that coach they have is crazy and I don't know if I'd want to play for him" etc.

So what are your thoughts?  How has all of this affected our recruiting?

• Content Count:  20

Anyone who says anything other than USF's stock has soared is a fool. We are in the national spotlight. We have everyone's attention which is clearly evident by all the hate that we are getting especially from Florida. We will be a force to be reckoned with.

• Content Count:  416

If we win out we'll get better love from the media as they can say 'Oh one day they'll join us here on our loft pedastal built on the SEC and PAC-10, just give them a few years'. The media doesn't like being unable to predict you, they want to pull up a hundred years of stats and say that USF wins big on thursday nights or that they struggle on asto-turf. Right now they look at USF and see nothing to build a prediction off of unless they want to watch the games and that takes time. Time they'd rather use spending their expense account on drinks with coaches for quotes.

• Content Count:  10,219

will improve

IF you come the NC awaits...you are the misssing piece to get us to the top.

• Content Count:  2,661

This season has proven that USF Football has no ceiling. Coach Jim Leavitt can say with total credibility that USF can compete for #1 rankings, national titles, and BCS bowl games. That will be huge.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I almost wonder if the fact that we've lost to Rutgers two years in a row will affect recruiting. Those dirtbags put up Rutgers billboards in our area every year already. Now it can also serve as a constant reminder to potential recruits that they could also be playing for the team that USF can't seem to beat.

• Content Count:  341

I almost wonder if the fact that we've lost to Rutgers two years in a row will affect recruiting. Those dirtbags put up Rutgers billboards in our area every year already. Now it can also serve as a constant reminder to potential recruits that they could also be playing for the team that USF can't seem to beat.

those two years in a row they only beat us by 3 points or less....

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Rutgers better hope they find another player like Ray Rice, or they wont be as strong when he does leave for the NFL. I have to say that I was impressed with Rice when we first played against Rutgers a few years ago. USF won the game thanks to our defense scoring on turnovers something that we have failed to do against Rutgers these past few games. Rice was just a talent out there that you knew was going to give USF fits for the next few years after that game. I am glad that Rice will more than likely forego his senior year and get drafted in the NFL. I am also glad that Jeremy Ito is a senior this year because he seems to have his biggest games against USF. That pass on the fake FG was impressive, and it really caught USF off guard.

Archived