• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"1st down, Grothe under center, give to Ford, 5 yds"

MJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

That's a radio call we need to hear a lot more of. I know they don't do it much, but every time they do it's 4-5 yards. Rutgers certainly enjoyed getting 5 yards a pop from Rice. I just think Grothe in shotgun every play makes us too one-dimensional. Pounding the ball at least occasionally with a big boy like Ford will only make Grothe that much more effective on passes and QB runs via play-action.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

Agreed agreed agreed.  When Grothe is your entire running threat it is bad news in a tough game.  That said Grothe made a few huge plays with his feet in spite of that BS offensive plan.

Don't mean to offend anyone, but I have been hoping to see this happen for the last 3 games now.

I love Grothe, don't get me wrong. But let's give him a little help out there.

• Content Count:  151

You are right.  We need to utilize all the 2, 3, 4 or so premiere or good running backs a whole lot more than they are being used now.  We are basically one dimentional right now.  Something has to be done with the offensive plays to give and use a wider variety, as well as the calling of the same basic 6 to 12 plays all game long.

I agree and hope we hear that much more in the upcoming games.  GO BULLS

What makes me sick is watching them snap the ball and watch everyone crash in on Grothe.  Sack for loss and then you know the best trick we have in the bag is a draw play to Williams.  It was sickening to watch.  A slow death.  We got the ball on their side of the field at the end and we couldn't get it into field goal range.

• Content Count:  635

all year everyone has been pointing to our offense as our biggest weakness, and it was pretty evident last night. it's one thing to just be a poor performing offense, but to be such a one-trick pony where the defense can literally call the same play every down, that's when you're really proving to be as incompetent as everyone thinks.

• Content Count:  743

What makes me sick is watching them snap the ball and watch everyone crash in on Grothe.  Sack for loss and then you know the best trick we have in the bag is a draw play to Williams.  It was sickening to watch.  A slow death.  We got the ball on their side of the field at the end and we couldn't get it into field goal range.

Exactly! They were bringing 6 on every play. Think we could run a screen pass to use that blitz against them every once in a while?

Guest Melissa

Anyone know if the team or coaches read these boards? I think it is obvious to everyone else... but things haven't changed over the course of several games.

I am not an expert but it seems obvious to me, at least to try!  It works every time they try it!  It's not like I am a mad scientist that dreamed this up.  I am just seeing what has worked on the field this year.  I saw Ford blow up in the Elon and Auburn game and every time they put him in now he makes something happen.

The only thing I can think is something is going on behind the scenes but why would he be allowed to play at all?

Anyone know if the team or coaches read these boards? I think it is obvious to everyone else... but things haven't changed over the course of several games.

I don't know, but I sure hope so! Maybe something is going on behind the scenes- or maybe Gregory just doesn't see it the way we do, for whatever reason. I would love to see Ford carry the ball 15-20 times against Connecticut, just to see what happens. If it's a bust, OK, fine, we tried it, that's it. But I don't think it will be a bust at all.

Archived