• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unfair Expectations... and some thoughts

I agree with a lot of what was said here.

This loss is probably a blessing.  All of our expectations can come back to reality a bit... and the pressure is off the team for the rest of the year. 

My "expectations" were a 10-2 record and hopefully the Gator/Sun bowl (thought WVU and UL would both get BCS bids)... now it is still possible for USF to win out, win the Big East title, and go to a BCS bowl.

Sure, it would have been OUTSTANDING to be in the National Championship game... but going undefeated in college football is virtually impossible... only a handful of teams ever do it year-to-year.

This year, USF can still finish in the Top 10, and go to a great bowl... that would still exceed my expectations.

I have loved every minute of it... and applaud everyone from the walk-ons to the starters to the coaches for what has taken place this year.

These guys continue to make me proud to call the University of South Florida my alma mater.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

GarySJ and Hightechbull echo my sentiments exactly.

This was a building block. Next time we win big, people will know who we are and they won't be as hesitant to move us on up.

"South Florida...yeah, those guys are good".

For those of you wondering when our program would be legitimate--- it's legitimate now.

• Content Count:  1,165

We already accomplished MOST of the main goals I had preseason (we still haven't won the Big East yet, obviously). That doesn't change how much this hurts.

A loss is not the end of the world. We still have a good season, and this is still a great year. The team just has to realize that this, and I know CJL is going to do his best to make sure the team is reasy next week

• Content Count:  10,219

When USF does win a NC (and they will), I want it to be during a year when the top teams are perceived as DOMINANT. I wouldn't want it to be in a year perceived by many to be a fluke season.

i will take a NC anyway it comes

• Content Count:  1,219

Lets face it, no one was thinking National Championship before the season.  As we hear over and over Big East title was goal and that could still happen.

Personally, I would be happy with ten wins and being ranked at end of season.  It would be a major step forward.

I don’t know how many more weeks I could have taken the intensity of us in NC hunt.  I might have lost my job for being distracted and my wife have left because all I talked about was USF.  There is a lot less pressure on us fans now (oh yeah, and the players too).

Still plenty to play for and still plenty proud of the Bulls!

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

. . . . and my wife have left because all I talked about was USF.

I know what you are talking about I just got back from my honeymoon and on Thursday night it almost came to a head. It could have been the shortest lived marriage ever. In fact I have altered my schedule to accommodate my USF obsession. Now I only obsess in hours before she wakes and after she falls asleep.

<quietly> GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

At the beginning of the season everyone on this board would take going 2-1 against Auburn, WVU, and Rutgers.  No questions asked too.  Loss hurt, but I'm over it. 

Goal #1 at the season was to Win a Big East Championship.  That is what we need to do.

Oh yeah, and I'm proud to be a Bull!!

• Content Count:  64

My Expectation was to be better than last year. we can't hope for anymore than that.

Archived