• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to our "creativity"?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

Remember the days when we used to be the one doing the trick plays, onside kickoffs at the beginning of the game, Teachey fake punts with the rugby style fake, side passes to Amarri who passes for a TD, etc.?  That is the Bulls ball that got us to where we are.  As we rose to the top of college football, we have become a bit conservative and are starting to play not to lose (except for UCF).  I'm not sure we've done a fake, trick play or flea flicker all year.  Let's get back to having some fun.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

I was saying the same thing last night to the crowd at my house.. We haven't done any trickery this whole year..

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I am not sure how many trick plays would have won the game, but the creativity was definitely replaced by a draw play to Ben Williams to set up a 3rd and long. 

I am not hating but hopefully I am allowed to be mad about that.

• Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Remember the days when we used to be the one doing the trick plays, onside kickoffs at the beginning of the game, Teachey fake punts with the rugby style fake, side passes to Amarri who passes for a TD, etc.?  That is the Bulls ball that got us to where we are.  As we rose to the top of college football, we have become a bit conservative and are starting to play not to lose (except for UCF).  I'm not sure we've done a fake, trick play or flea flicker all year.  Let's get back to having some fun.

Well, what happened is our OC brought into the same thing all the fans did.  That we somehow had a defense that was invincible, this was never the case our "D" has had holes all year.  So, the OC went to the Defense wins championships model, and called plays to prevent Groethe from throwing all the INT's that he threw last year.    Then considering the fact we were ahead most of the time this season, coaches don't want to do something stupid to put the team in a bad spot.  That's all it is.

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I do remember a double whammy triple toe loop reverse against FAU that got crushed.  In other words, I don't think it is wacky plays that would have won us that game.  Gotta stop them more on 3rd down and you need an honest running attack on offense.

Archived