• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I came to the conclusion that Chris Fowler is an elitist A-hole!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

Was it just me or was Chris Fowler being pretty negative towards USF every chance he got tonight?? First thing he states about South Florida is that they are located on North Florida. What the hell is he  talking about right there?? USF is no where near North Florida. His pomptous attitude was amazing as he continued to down play USF's ranking. It was sickening to say the least, so  I hope we dont have to deal with that fool again. Ditto with Herbstreet and Corso. Screw them all.

• Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. I can't believe how  giddy the guy was after the game. My thought was the ESPN crews' annual bonus must be tied into revenue generated in the BCS Bowl sytem because they talked up a potential LSU-OK NC Game all night, particularly after the game. Unfortunately, with USF's lack of national recognition, we probably would not have generated the necessary revenue the networks and BCS need. This leads into how much power/influence ESPN has with college Football.

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I also didn't like them making fun of Leavitt with the "GRRRs" and whatnot.  You know you sit there and toss his salad all week and then make fun of him when the game is slipping away? 

GARBAGE.  And the person that put them in the booth is GARBAGE.

Gundy moment.

• Content Count:  7,890

what really got to me when he would laugh at USF and call us a little big school

• Content Count:  143

or I love the 'poor man's tim tebow' comment for Grothe

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Unfortunately, with USF's lack of national recognition, we probably would not have generated the necessary revenue the networks and BCS need. This leads into how much power/influence ESPN has with college Football.

Are you crazy?  There has been so much national media about USF the last couple weeks that everybody who follows college football knows about the "upstart" program.  If we would have run the table the publicity would have built every week and I wouldn't have been surprised if the NC game was the highest rated one ever, with even non college football fans tuning in to see the cinderella story Bulls.

• Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

Unfortunately, with USF's lack of national recognition, we probably would not have generated the necessary revenue the networks and BCS need. This leads into how much power/influence ESPN has with college Football.

Are you crazy?  There has been so much national media about USF the last couple weeks that everybody who follows college football knows about the "upstart" program.  If we would have run the table the publicity would have built every week and I wouldn't have been surprised if the NC game was the highest rated one ever, with even non college football fans tuning in to see the cinderella story Bulls.

I agree with that.

• Content Count:  64

I totally agree.  I attempted to tell people that all this attention had a negative side if we lost, and here it is.  Now everyone will rush out to say I told you they weren't that good, or it was a nice "Cinderella" run for the Bulls.  This comes with it, that's what they are supposed to do.  We can't complain one bit, we have had the most attention in the nation for the past few weeks, and now that's going to be over.  We can still have a great season, win the Big East and make a BCS Bowl.  I look forward to the end of I hate Jimmy Johnson, and I hate [insert media figure here] because they won't give us respect threads.

• Content Count:  242

Yes we have received national attention the last two weeks but I was referencing Fox News interview Tony Dorsett this week and we got the "Southern Florida" name with TD saying he had no idea who we were and where we are located (bad when an alum from a conference foe does not know who we are).  Point being that we have received exposure that but there is still a lack of awareness who we are as a school.

Archived