• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An Observation (this is a BAND post... be warned)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

I must say, thank you HOT for what you do at games. Was it me or did the loudspeaker do much of the speaking for the Rutgers band? After anything big, the loudspeaker came on before (or entirely instead of) the Rutgers band.

And an observation as a percussionist and former cymbalist: Rutgers' cymbals form?  :thumbsdown

• Content Count:  2,478

I am in the band and that is really nice to hear. Thanks, we really hoped that they would send us, or even a pep band. Something to just let the players know there are people in the stands that support them.

Next year, they had better send us to WVU.

• Content Count:  2,363

I would love to see the budget begin to allow for at least a pep band to travel. I think the difference with the HOT present is certainly tangible.

• Content Count:  635

probably the cheesiest thing i've ever see a band do was Rutgers' awful guitar riffing to For Whom the Bell Tolls. and i agree on the cymbalists, looked awful

• Content Count:  1,066

Can we say there is a cause and effect?....

First game without band --- > First loss of season?

No....

But it is definately a correlation to not helping our fans get into the game even that much more and possibly helping the team know that we're here in support more than we showed last night in that hostile environment.

BTW, the reason the PA went instead of the band was...that band is way too small to hear in the confined of a space.

The RU fans are complaing about hearing the Bells over the PA for every 3rd down...Well if they had a larger band, then they could play down cheers like us!

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

probably the cheesiest thing i've ever see a band do was Rutgers' awful guitar riffing to For Whom the Bell Tolls. and i agree on the cymbalists, looked awful

Yeah I give that a LOL^2.

• Content Count:  2,511

I concur.  I love seeing HOT at the games, and they are my 2nd favorite thing about Bulls games.  My #1 favorite thing about USF games is the team, but HOT does come in a close 2nd.

Some days I cannot get fired up about going into work, so I pop in my HOT cd and listen to The Bull.  That always gets me pumped up to charge into my cubical and kick butt like Dilbert at a computer.

• Content Count:  398

I really hope they do start looking into sending the HOT (atleast a pep band) to more away games next year.

I once had a dream I was a multi-millionaire and I sent the entire band to every away game, flying first class. And I really would do that if I had the money...

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i think there is definetely a cause and effect.  HOT isn't the only factor in a win or loss, but the familiar songs and chants that HOT contribute to the team effort must give the players a big lift, and make the USF fan section more of a presence in the stadium.

it would be nice to have a pep band in East Hartford for the UConn game.

Archived