• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fox News right now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

If anything like this would occur,  I believe that the University would have to see the long term effect of this possible relationship.  IMO I would probably say go for it.  If anything, it would open the Big East door for our neighbors in Orlando or Boca Raton.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

I would much rather stay in the Big East.  But we need to pull in a couple more football members. 

• Content Count:  108

I would much rather stay in the Big East.  But we need to pull in a couple more football members. 

Agreed.  We've been down that road discussing whether UCF/FAU would be a good fit but there's an issue of whether the BE is looking for football-only members and that CUSA wouldn't let UCF's football team jump conferences and keep all the other sports.  Not sure about FAU & the Sun Belt.  As it stands the Big East has 16 basketball schools and if they add any more they would probably have to split into two separate conferences with their own conference tourneys.  Or maybe kick a handfull of non-football schools out.

Ah yes, the basketball schools.  Yeah, unfortunately, this is why the Big East will keep it's "Basketball conference" tag.  Until they can step up and rip another conference of a quality all-sport school it will stay that way. 

I can't really see any Major school going to the Big 10(eleven).  IMo that is the weakest major conference in college football.  Every year, teams in that conference win their cupcake games, stay ranked or get ranked, and then face decent opponents, and lose.

See Ohio State 2006

Penn State, Wisconsin 2007

etc

etc

• Content Count:  936

I want nothing to do with the SEC atleast for another 5 years. Being in the Big East is fine as long as it has its BCS affiliation. The road to national championship is a bit easier in conference. As long as schedule a tough OOC schedule and we win we'll be in contention and we're proving that right now. If we're in the national title hunt right now whist in the Big East why would you want to jump ship? We have everything we need.

Agreed..

I want nothing to do with the SEC atleast for another 5 years. Being in the Big East is fine as long as it has its BCS affiliation. The road to national championship is a bit easier in conference. As long as schedule a tough OOC schedule and we win we'll be in contention and we're proving that right now. If we're in the national title hunt right now whist in the Big East why would you want to jump ship? We have everything we need.

Agreed..

The only thing we really need is for the football programs inthe conference to step it up.

If Pitt was in Pre-Wannstedt form and Louisville was still Louisville we would be one of the strongest football conferences in the nation.

You would be looking at USF, Pitt, WVU, UL, Rutgers and Cinci aith strong football teams.

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Why would the BE want a middle of the road, no direction, wannabe school in the conference school?

UCiF isn't going anywhere!  FAU will pass them in quality of playing within two years, if they haven't already.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

So they are discussing the Big 10(11) trying to lure MIZZU which inturn could make the Big 12 add Arkie and inturn would open a spot in the SEC and they said USF would be the ideal choice...

What would yall think about something like that happening?

No thanks.  :thumbsdown

I love the Big East.  :gobulls

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I see nothing to be gained by leaving the Big East at this time.  We are we should be at the moment.  Further, aside from the zings and pokes we get and give our BE opponents prior to game time, the solidarity between the teams is great to see.  We support each other within the conference, which is strong.

I say stay where we are for the present.  Life is good here in the Big East, why shake the apple cart without reason?  So you jump to a presumed "better conference" for style points?  The BE is a great place to be.

• Content Count:  145

Why would the BE want a middle of the road, no direction, wannabe school in the conference school?

UCiF isn't going anywhere!  FAU will pass them in quality of playing within two years, if they haven't already.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

FAU would handle UCif head to head if they were to play this year...they are sooo much more athletic.  There's no one on that defense of the if'ers that could handle Harmon their beast of a Tight End.  And the turnovers FAU's defense would create...um...no way the if'ers win that game.

Archived