• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adding more conference games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

quote - "Penn State doesn't fit in the big ten.  The Big East should steal them away.  There are natural rivalries for Penn State in the Big east. "

i dont think you are familiar with northeastern football history - back in the 80's penn state (under joe Paterno's leadership in these discussions) led the way in trying to forge together an all-sports conference among all the eastern independents (Pitt, PSU, Syracuse, Rutgers, BC, WVU) and a few others (Maryland, and i believe maybe navy & Va Tech)

The 3 a-hole programs that were in the Big East BB conference at the time (Pitt, Syr, BC) would not budge for all-sports, PSU would not settle for football only.  So PSU walked away from the situation, found an acceptable solution, and moved on.  Penn State will NEVER leave the Big Ten-leven as long as Paterno is associated with the school, and probably would never even consider it for a long time after that too - Penn State is making way too much money as a Big Ten member to walk away from that.

This is a big reason why you dont see Penn St scheduling syracuse or pitt, JoPa can be one vindicitive old cuss! 

nd this is a big reason i freaking hate BC all the more and hope they are never successful in any sport - they were instrumental in destroying the opportunity for a strong and viable all-sports conf. in the northeast that would have included Penn State to maintain their BB $$ from the Big East,- and then they screwed over the BE for the ACC

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived